If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
- Provide quality medical care for emergency obstetric and neonatal cases in the maternity and VVF cases in the wards in accordance to MSF protocols;
- Assist the midwives to triage and manage patients presenting with high risk conditions related to pregnancy;
- Be involved in surgical procedures and post-operative surgical care, in accordance with MSF protocols
- Provide consultations for post-natal patients and MSF staff as required;
- Observe and respect the MSF Charter and adhere to work schedule as per roster and on-call requirements;
- Treat the patient with respect, providing good quality care and ensuring privacy and confidentiality.
Required Skills and Conditions
- Nigerian Medical Degrees with minimum of 2 years of active clinical experience since graduation;
- Interest and/or experience in obstetrics;
- Strong work ethic, commitment to humanitarian objectives and patient care;
- Motivation, flexibility and capacity to work as a team and in emergency program;
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa (preferably).
- NYSC Certificate.
- Jahun Hospital, Jigawa State (Nigeria).
- Unlimited contract
- 208 working hours per month. Roster flexibility required.
go to method of application »
- At all-time respect Patients confidentiality
- Correct attire e.g.: scrubs, hat and shoes
- Adherence to hygiene protocol
- Ensure proper working environment (cleaning of medical equipments, checking the function of medical equipments: O2 concentrator, syringe pump, monitors, suctions, investigation machines, availability of linen, etc.)
- Preparation for new patients reception
- Ensure accurate monitoring and assessment for critically ill patients and post operative patients.
- Response to emergency: airway, ventilation, circulation, neurological assessment and management
- Ensure safe transfer of the patients between departments, referral to the higher health facilities.
- Ensure and assist proper reception and execution of order given by doctors
- Proper nursing care: positioning, management of tubing, nutrition, wound management, patient’s personal hygiene
- Ensure proper recording and documentation
- Ensure proper reporting to colleagues and doctors
- Ensure proper handover to the colleagues, a succeeding section, and referral hospital.
- Nigeria Registered Nursing qualification
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Hausa language
- Strong work ethic: punctuality, responsibility and flexibility
- Capacity to work in a team
- High level of motivation
- Previous theatre experience and / or maternity experience
- Jahun Jigawa state (Nigeria).
- 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of medical credentials, registration and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Administration Office in Jahun (“Application Box” at the Watchmen Desk).
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for the submission of applications: 13th December 2015.
Please make sure to submit your application by this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.