Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
- Provide quality medical care for emergency obstetric and neonatal cases in the maternity and VVF cases in the wards in accordance to MSF protocols;
- Assist the midwives to triage and manage patients presenting with high risk conditions related to pregnancy;
- Be involved in surgical procedures and post-operative surgical care, in accordance with MSF protocols
- Provide consultations for post-natal patients and MSF staff as required;
- Observe and respect the MSF Charter and adhere to work schedule as per roster and on-call requirements;
- Treat the patient with respect, providing good quality care and ensuring privacy and confidentiality.
Required Skills and Conditions
- Nigerian Medical Degrees with minimum of 2 years of active clinical experience since graduation;
- Interest and/or experience in obstetrics;
- Strong work ethic, commitment to humanitarian objectives and patient care;
- Motivation, flexibility and capacity to work as a team and in emergency program;
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa (preferably).
- NYSC Certificate.
- Jahun Hospital, Jigawa State (Nigeria).
- Unlimited contract
- 208 working hours per month. Roster flexibility required.
go to method of application »
- At all-time respect Patients confidentiality
- Correct attire e.g.: scrubs, hat and shoes
- Adherence to hygiene protocol
- Ensure proper working environment (cleaning of medical equipments, checking the function of medical equipments: O2 concentrator, syringe pump, monitors, suctions, investigation machines, availability of linen, etc.)
- Preparation for new patients reception
- Ensure accurate monitoring and assessment for critically ill patients and post operative patients.
- Response to emergency: airway, ventilation, circulation, neurological assessment and management
- Ensure safe transfer of the patients between departments, referral to the higher health facilities.
- Ensure and assist proper reception and execution of order given by doctors
- Proper nursing care: positioning, management of tubing, nutrition, wound management, patient’s personal hygiene
- Ensure proper recording and documentation
- Ensure proper reporting to colleagues and doctors
- Ensure proper handover to the colleagues, a succeeding section, and referral hospital.
- Nigeria Registered Nursing qualification
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Hausa language
- Strong work ethic: punctuality, responsibility and flexibility
- Capacity to work in a team
- High level of motivation
- Previous theatre experience and / or maternity experience
- Jahun Jigawa state (Nigeria).
- 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of medical credentials, registration and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Administration Office in Jahun (“Application Box” at the Watchmen Desk).
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: email@example.com
Deadline for the submission of applications: 13th December 2015.
Please make sure to submit your application by this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale