Save the Children International is a 'dual mandate' organisation and as such equal priority will be given to both humanitarian and development work. This is the only way we will be able to ensure that some of the fundamental rights that we believe children have, such as survival, safety and constant access to protection and education can be guaranteed. As part of a commitment to work with children through humanitarian interventions Save the Children will support programmes in both sudden onset and chronic emergency situations.
Reports to: Chief of Party
- The SDI Program Assistant in Lagos will support overall coordination and team integration in ensuring the timely delivery of the various programme outputs of the of the Stop Diarrhoea Project in Shomolu LGA of Lagos State.
- He/she will support project roll out, and implementation; including ensuring that project outputs are delivered timely.
- He/She will provide direct programme support in documentation, internal/external programme coordination, and partner’s capacity building management.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Support the tracking and follow-up of all SDI project related deliverables.
- Support the coordination of SDI project team integration, planning and periodic review (Weekly, monthly and quarterly) activities.
- Develop and maintain a data base of all SDI project contact, partners and consultants for follow-up activities and other commitments.
- Support SDI project documentation and filing of sensitive and other high profile materials.
- Provide periodic programme support to other team members involve in major capacity building activities in terms of correspondence and other logistic needs.
- Coordinate timely and orderly management of SDI project reviews and approvals.
- Manage newspaper cutting and other SDI project information, success stories, news release on the notice board and other public places in the office.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in public health, health management, sociology, development studies or demography with at least 3 years experience in related position of responsibility. A post graduate qualification in the above discipline with a minimum of 2 years experience with civil society organization/INGO will be an added advantage and preferred.
- Essential: at least 3 years practical experience in documentation and team management
- I/NGO in Nigeria
- Essential: very good understanding of national health policies and strategies, programmes and stakeholders on Child Health in Nigeria
- Essential: very good understanding of team cohesion, documentation and effective communication.
- Ability to work effectively both independently (with minimal supervision) and as a member of a team
- Commitment to gender equity, child rights, community empowerment, and grassroots development approaches
- Effective planning and organising skills
- Effective interpersonal skills - oral and written communication skills
- Desirable: good understanding and experience with key Microsoft packages.
- Work experience in partnership management and civil society organization activities.
- Experience in broad reproductive health programme intervention.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit Save the Children on Simplicant
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.