Resource Intermediaries Limited (RIL) is a company registered in Nigeria to engage in outsourcing services. We focus on three key areas; Human Resource Management, People Placement and Learning & Development. At RIL people management is at the heart of ALL we do; easing business burdens is why we do it.
Job Description :
The Outside Plant (OSP) Supervisor oversees on-going fibre optic & civil work activities delivered by subcontracted service providers (SP) assuring adherence to agreed scope of work and deliveries’ specifications, and managing and following up on changes, unforeseen hinders and other events having an impact on project scope, cost and time. The OSP Supervisor will be involved in the day to day communication with subcontracted service providers, as well as with Customer and Local Authority organizations in the construction of the Fiber project. The role is expected to involve a significant element of on-site attendance. The OSP Supervisor is also responsible for the setting, monitoring, analyzing and managing subcontractor performance as well as conducting audits of subcontractor’s fibre optic & civil works workmanship.
- Main responsibilities of the OSP Supervisor include, but not limited
- Supervising and co-ordinating subcontracted service provider’s deliveries with regard to outside plant construction civil work activities and required fibre optic installation/termination, ensuring the project is delivering on scope, cost and time;
- Monitoring, managing and reporting subcontractor’s performance against project targets;
- Organizing and performing civil work quality audits as appropriate; identify, make recommendations and follow up on improving the
- quality and performance of the subcontractor’s workmanship during the project rollout;
- Managing daily communication, being a point of contact for SP for queries, change requests and issue resolution in construction phase of the pilot;
- Being a primary interface with Local Authorities, SP, and customer regarding appropriate work permits, for example, Right of Way (ROW),Road Opening Licences;
- Liaison with subcontractor’s Supply Chain and Logistics over delivery of materials;
- Producing weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports as required by Programme Management.
- Proven track records of managing and/or supervising both metro and long distance fibre optic projects for Telecom operators; sound knowledge of telecom industry working best
- practices, norms and compliance requirements with regard to fibre installation & civil work deliveries;
- FTTx and/or blown fibre deployment experience are distinct advantages i.e. fibre termination using fusion splicing, testing fibre links with OTDR.
- Capable of generating clear, concise and accurate ‘As built’ Documentation of the fibre network
- Familiarity with the requirements of Health & Safety legislation in Nigeria;
- Experience in civil works planning and managing applications for ROW & Road Opening Licenses with Local Authorities;
- User experience for Microsoft Office Tools including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Project;
- User experience for Visio/AutoCAD/GIS tools is desired
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent English speaker
- Required education and experience: Degree in Telecoms engineering
- At least 5 years in telecommunications industry, with 2 years experience in Fiber network deployments
- Specific Knowledge of Civil Works planning applications with
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Resource Intermediaries' Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale