Career Opportunity at Pedagogue100
Posted on: 30 September, 2015
Deadline: 28 October, 2015
View Jobs in Law / Legal
View All Jobs at Pedagogue100
Pedagogue 100 International - A well-established and reputable legal skills training company based in Lekki Phase I, Lagos State, is looking to employ qualified candidate to fill the position below:
- The role of the Events Coordinator is to develop and deliver a range of events such as training/information seminars, conferences, publicity events, dinners and luncheons, seeking opportunities to generate income through sponsorship, attendance, and commercial activities.
- To work alongside project planners to develop plans for events
- To schedule and prepare event steering group meetings
- To identify and book locations for the events, liaise with location management for booking, catering and logistical arrangements
- In charge of the marketing and promotion of the events.
- Liaise with project planners for the timely production and circulation of flyers and other information relating to event publicity, such as other organisations’ websites, appropriate mailing lists and the media
- Contribute actively to decisions on marketing events; compiling databases of likely interest, drafting and circulating emails and telephoning individuals
- To set up and manage the delegate booking arrangements as appropriate for each event, up to and including sending out invoices
- Find sponsorship and exhibitors for conferences and other events
- Compile and send out speaker and delegate information
- Assemble and arrange delivery of delegate packs, name badges and exhibition stand and material as appropriate
- Manage the booking couriers and timely delivery and return of exhibition stands, computer equipment and documents
- Manage the event on the day, including setting up, instructing external contractors and internal staff assistance
- Researching markets to identify opportunities for events.
- Identifying and securing speakers or special guests.
- Overseeing the dismantling and removal of equipment at the event and clearing the venue efficiently.
- Post-event evaluation (including data entry and analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders.
- Candidates for this position must possess minimum of a Degree
Experience and Skills
- Candidates must have at least 2 years relevant and demonstrable previous experience in event management. (experience in legal events will be preferable)
- Excellent written English and oral communication skills for drafting and proofreading materials
- Excellent organizational skills, particularly in managing time and tasks
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to produce high quality, accurate work in tight timescales with limited supervision
- Computer literate with at intermediate experience of the Microsoft suite of programs, particularly MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Social media savvy
- Technical awareness to set up PowerPoint and other simple AV systems when technicians are not around
- The confidence to liaise with speakers and senior officials from Government departments, other professional bodies and learned societies, the media and a diverse range of external contacts
- A welcoming and helpful approach when dealing with members in person at events and over the telephone
- The job holder will have, or may need to develop financial awareness to produce and monitor budgets
- Marketing experience and an understanding of the value of direct mail in promoting events to members.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: email@example.com using "Events Coordinator" as subject of the mail.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Pedagogue100Similar Jobs
- Senior Associates at Osibogun and Partners
- Legal Practitioners at Rayfield Associates
- Entry-Level Secretaries/Administrators at a Leading Law Firm Via Kimberly Ryan