If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Pro-Health International was founded in 1991 by four medical professionals: Drs. Mark Umoh, Efem Iyeme, Owido Udofia, and Iko Ibanga, who were concerned about taking free, quality healthcare to rural communities in Africa where easy access to healthcare was a challenge.
The Strategic Information Specialist will be responsible for monitoring the progress of Strategic Information activities and provide ongoing mentorship to all strategic Information stakeholders in the community and facility and state governments on adherence to set standards while also harmonizing the state M & E systems. Will also be responsible for guiding and implementing Operations research activities that will help improve the quality of our programming to the benefit of our donor and clients.
- A degree in Statistics, Population Studies, Public Health or Social Science (or equivalent), epidemiology required.
- Master's Degree in Social Sciences or Management or Development studies preferably with a health focus is an advantage.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years relevant monitoring and evaluation experience and also research and evaluation experience with USG funded project
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level SI system implementation for health, reproductive health or HIV/AIDS programming in developing countries
- Working knowledge of CDC/USAID's PEPFAR MER indicators, data collection, collation, validation and reporting through CDC/USAID's reporting platforms.
- Proficiency in the use and application of relevant software which includes but not limited to PITT, NOM IS, DHIS, SPSS and any electronic patient level Medical Record software and Microsoft Office applications. Ability to use SEEDScare EMR software will be an added advantage.
- Ability to analyze research and evaluation findings and other information for the benefit of practitioners in the health development in and HIV/AIDS sector.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage detail.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work under pressure and still be efficient
- Ability to travel at short notice
go to method of application »
The Strategic Information Officer will support the development, maintenance and operation of the Strategic Information Systems in the communities, health facilities, field offices and the states for effective monitoring of inputs and results. Support the provision and strengthening of SI technical guidance to the community and facility and states government
M & E staff on data collection, collation, basic analysis and reporting and information use for informed decision making. Conduct routine data validation and periodic data Quaiity Assessments for both community and facility systems. Maintain the state data capturing and reporting systems at the community and facility level, this will include key functions of data
collection, entry in the project and donor database and reporting to the country office
- A bachelor's degree in science, statistics or related field
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with a USG funded project
- Proficiency in the use and application of relevant software which includes but not limited to PITT, NOMIS, OHIS, SPSS and any electronic patient level Medical Record software and Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge working with COC/USAID's PEPFAR indicators, data collection, collation, validation and reporting through
- COC/USAID's reporting platforms
- Have the ability to work tight schedules, multitask and work in teams
- Be flexible, have the ability to work under pressure.
- Be open to a substantial amount of travels.
- Possess strong professional oral and writing skills
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance
- Strong analytical and information dissemination/presentation skills
Method of Application
Application Deadline: October 12, 2015
All application submissions to: email@example.com