Our client is an insurance company and seek to hire suitable candidates who will assist in creating an over arching vision for the training function, leading the development and execution of a strategic plan to effectively realize the vision, as well as the identification and development of HR/training plans to meet desired skill sets.
- Engage in the identification of training and support strategies to effectively transfer knowledge and skill sets.
- Support the establishment of training systems direction.
- Represent the training function in various capacities, which may include cross- site teams.
- Assist in providing developmental opportunities and serve as a liaison between functional areas and associate trainers.
- Gather process-related information into training materials utilizing adult leaning methodology to facilitate knowledge transfer.
- Effectively compile information into comprehensive training documents.
- Create processes intended to measure the transfer of knowledge and key learning’s into the workplace.
- Work closely with the coordinators, line set ups, facilitators/supervisors, and department.
- Supports the organization in ensuring that training and process needs are being met across all shifts.
- Assists with the new employee orientation.
- A good university degree preferably in business related courses.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a HR/ training role.
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and demanding deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work across departmental boundaries with individuals of diverse competencies and level of authority
- Problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of various software programs.
- Effective listening skills, being able to transfer information or concepts into a usable format.
go to method of application »
Our client, a non-banking financial institution is looking to recruit a Learning Manager (Human Resources) who will amongst other things be responsible for planning and developing the company’s learning strategies and curriculum.
- Develops the company’s HR learning strategies.
- Identifies training and development needs within the company through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with business managers.
- Conducts and supervises training and development programs for employees
- Designs and develops training and development programmes based on both the Company's and the individual's needs.
- Manages the costs of planned programmes and keeping within budgets.
- Assesses the return on investment of any training or development programme.
- Works with stakeholders to produce programmes that are satisfactory to all relevant parties in an organisation, such as Salesmen, Operations staff and other support groups.
- Develops effective induction programmes.
- Devises individuals and the company’s learning plans.
- Produces training materials for in-house courses.
- Manages the delivery of training and development programmes.
- Monitors and reviews the progress of trainees by using questionnaires and through discussions with managers.
- Ensures that statutory training requirements are met.
- Evaluates training and development programmes.
- Amends and revises programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to the changes that might occur in the work environment.
- Helps line managers and trainers to solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups.
- Supervises the work of external trainers.
- Keeps up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses.
- Introducing e-learning techniques as much as the system can accommodate.
- Any other task assigned by the Head, Human Capital.
• Masters or University Degree in Arts, Social Sciences or preferably in Education.
• 5 - 6 years relevant experience
• Demonstrable knowledge of MS applications
• Ability and enthusiasm to teach
• Excellent Presentation skills
• Ability to relate with staff at all levels.
• Excellent Oral & Written communication skills
• Initiative and ability to offer new ideas
• Attention to detail & good level of perception
• Excellent Listening skills
• Excellent Organisational, planning and time management skills
• Ability to encourage and motivate people
• Good influencing and negotiation skills
• Ability to write reports, keep records, and work within budgets.
• Excellent Communication skills (English):Spoken and written
• Advanced Analytical Skills
• Moderate IT skills
Method of Application
Use links below to apply