Current Opportunities at AOS Orwell
Posted on: 30 October, 2015
Deadline: 30 November, 2015
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at AOS Orwell
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
AOS Orwell, an integrated indigenous oilfield services company in Nigeria offering well construction and engineering services to the oil and gas sector, has the following vacancy for a suitably qualified person to join its Process Management Division.
Reporting to the GM Services, this person will be responsible for directing and coordinating activities of Production Department in the procurement of materials, the design and manufacture of oil and gas metering systems.
- This position requires an individual with a Mechanical Engineering degree or its equivalent with 5 to 10 years experience in product management and manufacture.
- Familiar with relevant international standards and codes of practice relating to metering systems
- Certified to relevant Health and Safety standards
- Experience in management of a metering skid facility is a pre-requisite.
- Must be competent in running a metering skid facility
- Ability to plan production operations, establish priorities and sequences for manufacturing activity to ensure production and quality of products meet specifications.
- Participate in design review / contract review meetings.
- Ordering of fabrication materials
- Establishment of painting, hydro test and stress relief procedures.
- Contract management with project management skills
- Proven record of revenue growth and customer service.
- Financial acumen, marketing and negotiating skills.
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office), 3D Autocad skills are a prerequisite
- Goal-oriented with ability to multi-task under pressure in fast-paced work environment.
- Willing and able to work hours necessary to meet deadlines and respond to emergency demands.
go to method of application »
- Reporting to the GM Operations, this person will have overall responsibility for the scope, deliverables, resource utilization, schedule and quality of one or multiple projects. This includes the responsibility for customer satisfaction, improving profit margin, and for overall management of projects from initial conception through to project completion. Planning, Scheduling, Measuring, Monitoring & Control of Engineering work.
- Responsible for Integrated Control and Safety System (mainly DCS, SIS, FGS and SCADA as well)
- Head Technical/Engineering Management functions and related contractual aspects of Project scope.
- Deliver Technical compliance to the customer & project requirements/specifications and AOSO QMS requirements for the Project scope.
- Manage and mentor the team of engineers assigned for projects and ensure high quality deliverables
- Direct the activities of multiple Lead Engineers, interface with customers to provide technical direction & solutions to meet project requirements.
- Enforce strict compliance with Project Management Office standards & following industry standard practices & meet customer requirements.
- Generate high productivity of team members and optimization of resource utilization through efficient engineering methods (usage of tools, templates, engineering standards).
- Ensure team meets work hours estimates & support productivity programs to improve efficiency.
- Drive lessons learned, sharing, Standard Design templates development & knowledge management in general as well productivity improvements & areas of improvement.
- Provide engineering scope status report to the Department Manager/Project Manager.
- Deliver complete System engineering, documentation, FAT/IFAT, Start-up & successful commissioning at site.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities with project personnel, support corporate policies, conduct goal setting and performance reviews for assigned personnel. Responsible for development of personnel through training, coaching, and work assignments.
- Evaluate and identity solutions to improve overall project profitability.
- Stay abreast of technical changes and trends in the assigned market industry and apply new knowledge to duties as appropriate.
- Responsible for providing uncompromising quality to all work processes in designated area of responsibility. Authorised to stop work processes at any time it is believed quality is being compromised.
- Engineering graduate (Electronics/Instrumentation) with 15 or more years experience in Industry with at least 5-6 years of proven track record in Engineering Management functions with strong leadership and team building capability, in addition to sound knowledge of Instrumentation and Control/Safety Systems design and engineering.
- Familiar with Design control, and Resource Management, DCS/SIS requirements, Safety system specification, networking standards etc.
- Experienced in managing cross-functional/multi-cultural teams, participating in resource planning processes, and human resource development
- Ability to build a world-class team through effective management, coaching, mentoring, feedback, and discipline when appropriate.
- Leadership, self-starter, with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to successfully manage resources and projects remotely.
- Highly customer focused, able to influence and negotiate.
- Demonstrated experience managing a team of engineers/technicians in fast paced multicultural environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time sensitive objectives to meet internal customer expectations.
- Proven ability to develop systems level knowledge to effectuate cross-team communication.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit AOS Orwells' Career Page
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AOS OrwellSimilar Jobs
- Experienced Accountant at Resdepm International Limited
- Maintenance Engineers at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Supply Chain Executive at an Oil and Gas Firm - Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Job Openings at WTS Energy
- Graduate Store Keeper at RusselSmith Group
- Job Openings at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Business Development Manager at True Blue Energy Services Limited
- Human Resource Roles at The Onstream Group