A notable Business Membership Organization in over 50 countires and offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt is seeking qualified person to fill existing vacancies as follows:
The Executive Director (Operations) is responsible for the Internal Governance and Administration of the Institute. The job holder is expected to oversee the legal, Risk and Assurance areas of the Institute.
- Manage and oversee all internal activities which includes development of strategies to improve members
- capadty, expand coverage, faolitate private sector partidpation In policy dialogue, collaboration, and
- strengthen partnerships in the private sector
- Act as Chief Operating Officer and deputize for the Director General/CEO in his absence.
- Assist the DG;CEO in coordinating all Standing committees of Council as well as designing and implementation of strategies;
- Ensure that all HoDs comply with deadlines of vanous assignments
- Responsible for general operational and administrative functions of the Secretariat.
- Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure the Institute complies with all applicable codes, in
- addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
- Organising, preparing agendas for Exco, Council meetings and annual general meetings (AGMs)
- Produce regular status reports on Institute's activities, dealing with correspondence, collating information,
- and ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant stakeholders;
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation/regulatory environment and taking appropriate action;
- Arranging meetings of the Council, Exco and Presidential Consultative Council (PeC). This responsibility will
- involve the issue of proper notices of meetings, preparation of agenda, circulation of relevant papers and
- taking and producing minutes to record the business transacted at the meetings and the decisions taken.
- Ensure timely filing of annual returns at Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC); and inform CAC of any key
- changes in structure or management, i.e. the appointment/resignation of directors.
- Perform other assignments as would be designated by the DGiCEO.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Ability to manage both Human/Material Resources of a Business Membership Organization (BMO)
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or any other relevant field.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in human resources and business management, and
- Significant work experience in the private sector.
- Strong organizational, management, and staff supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Nigerian private and public sector
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment, and the capacity to grow income and expand financial base
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems/challenges inherent in BMOs
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and
- remaining organized and focused on long and short term deadlines and strategy.
- Candidates should possess diplomacy, initiative and good judgment, meticulous attention to detail, good
- numerical, organisational and time management skills and a genuine interest in business. Excellent
- computing, interpersonal, team working and (written/verbal) communication skills are also important;
- Experience with international business development programmes is highly desirable;
- Willingness and ability to travel.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Management and leadership skills
- Decision making and problem solving ability
- Good judgement and the ability to apply rules fairly
- Respect for confidentiality.
go to method of application »
The Head of Research and Policy Advocacy is responsible for manaqinq and directing policy and data driven analytic work focusing on major publiC policy issues. These include:
a. Budget, finance, Security, Inflation, Economy, Technology, Sustainability, Law Reform, Energy and Power, Workplace disputes, People Development, Directors and Boards, Corporate Governance, Trade and Investment, Transport and Logistics, Tourism and Hospitality, Health and So,cial Security, Human capital Development, Operations and Infrastructure, Education and Vocational Training, Government Policy and Legislation, Agriculture and Agro-AlIied Industries, Business Development and Strategy
MAJOR DUTIES OF THE JOB HOLDER
- Implement strategic direction as defined by the Board
- Developing and managing the policy and research agenda of the organisation.
- Oversee writing and editing of the annual reports to the Annual General Meeting;
- Ensure the publication and regular updates of the IoD Nigeria Directors Handbook
- Liaise with all IoD Nigeria Policy Committees
- For multiple projects, provide guidance and oversight for the planning, design, development and implementation of quantitative or quality research projects on vanous topics;
- Direct project teams that are responsible for project planning for internal and extramural policy analysis and research;
- Coordinate and communicate responsibilities to team members, as appropriate;
- Evaluate policies and programmes, conduct literature reviews and develop options
- Manage professional development activities for Research and Policy staff;
- Provide oversight to ensure the integrity of the databases and accuracy of statistical reports and data summaries, including graphics and tables that portray data, for use in policy analyses, research papers, briefings, and reports;
- Review and prepare analyses of proposed regulations, write Issue briefs, anc contribute to the preparation of IoD Nigeria submission to Government, National Assembly and key regulatory agencies.
- Progressively senior experience with and demonstrated skills In managing projects, staff and organizational teams;
- Expert research, problem solving, and analytic skills, including the ability to analyze and understand socio-economic policy trends from the perspective of multiple stakeholders.
- Exceptional Writing and editing skills, including experience In developing both short issue briefs and memos and longer reports, as well as the ability to explain complicated policy concepts and quantitative results in a concise manner;
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to lead and work in teams with a posrtrve, professional, and solution-oriented attitude;
- Experience in managing complex projects and meeting deadlines;
- Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills; and
- Experience With creating, organizing, analyzinq and managing large data sets and using statistical software (e.g. SAS, Stata, SPSS) (preferred).
Postgraduate degree (preferred) or other graduate degree in social sciences, public policy research, public administration, statistics, economics, or other related fields.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should please send your CV to email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale