Edwin Drake is an Oil and Energy recruitment consultancy born from the desire to create a consultancy specifically focused on the Oil & Gas industry in Sub-Saharan Africa; driven by recruitment professionals with successful careers within the region. We are part of a multi-national group of Recruitment Companies, who like us all individually specialise in specific disciplines, offering a refined and tactile recruitment process defined by the distinguished characteristics of our particular markets.
In the various geographical locations we operate within, we specialise in supporting strategically chosen clients in providing the strongest domestic professionals to champion local content requirements as well as experienced international professionals with previous exposure of succeeding in the particular region in question.
We currently provide our services for both permanent as well as contract campaigns to a variety of Large/Super Independents and Indigenous Operators across the following technical disciplines:
• Petroleum Engineering
• Drilling Engineering & Well Operations
• Topside Engineering/EPIC
Edwin Drake have made a significant investment into the latest technology and recruitment tools to allow our consultants to work efficiently and provide a comprehensive service to our clients.
- Start up, Operate, Monitor and Shut Down Process and Utility Systems.
- Monitor, maintain and optimize process parameters (Level, flow, temperature, pressure etc) within operating
- Trouble shoot to maximize sales quality and delivery volume to identify problems.
- Monitor and operate electrical/hydraulic control panels, safety and emergency shutdown devices, Fire and Gas
- Ensure accurate production reporting is submitted daily or as required by company and client.
- Witness third party calibrations when appropriate to provide verification of meter factors and volumes.
- Implementing and enforcing NMA policies and procedures in particular Isolation Standards, and PTW.
- Carry out all operations in safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Report all discharges, leaks, spills, injuries, and incidents, immediately.
- Ensure personnel understand and comply with current environmental regulations.
- Carry out Emergency Response role
4) Manage & Supervise Effectively
- Assist maintenance operations by applying/removing isolations as required.
- Supervise operation of PTW system.
- Advise maintenance personnel on hazards of plant and equipment.
- Maintain clear and precise communications during maintenance operations.
Units Of Competence
- Coordinate activities and resources across teams or shift.
- Contribute to training and assessment of personnel.
- Control activities and development of subordinate personnel.
- Record and report on personnel development/appraisals and competence assessments as required.
- Efficiency improvement and pursue company goals.
- Create and maintain effective working relationships
Pre-hire Qualifications And Experience
- Prepare process and utility systems for remote operation
- Remotely operate and monitor process and utility systems
- Prepare process and utility systems for shutdown
- Isolate and reinstate process and utility systems for maintenance and repair
- Contribute to control of critical situations and respond to emergencies
- Monitor and maintain pollution control measures
- Manage and Supervise Effectively
- Carry out Emergency Response role
- 8 years minimum in Hydrocarbon processing operations with 2 years as CCRO and appropriate mix of
- operational and supervisory experience.
- Offshore Personal Survival, Management of Major Emergencies, Medical certificates.
- Good level of troubleshooting and operations knowledge including interpretation of P&IDs and C&E charts.
- Extensive knowledge of offshore FPSO operations, including Production, Maintenance, Engineering and Safety.
- Extensive knowledge of DCS and F&G systems operation
Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined. Capable of assertive and positive communication and performance.Leadership:
Assertive leadership skills. Good levels of written and spoken communication in English language. Clear understanding of behavioral and logistical personnel issues.Technical:
High standard of technical and professional knowledge as defined by competences. Good knowledge of DCS/SCADA systems. Some knowledge of cargo handling and marine utility systems where appropriate for position.IT:
Practical familiarity with standard 'Office' software package. Operation and use of Internet and electronic mail system.
Minimum Unlimited OOW - Officer of Watch Marine License
Â· Marine operations - Oil and Gas Cargo Handling
Â· Have working knowledge of applicable marine international regulations, including but not limited to MARPOL, SOLAS, and ISGOTT. Be sufficiently familiar with these regulations to play an effective part in safeguarding the interests of Company and its employees