If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Ondo State Public Service Training Institute (PSTI) is a Management Development Institute (MD) established by the Ondo State Government for the training of middle and senior level manpower for both the Public and Private Sectors of the economy.
The Institute is situated on 5.25 hectares of land in a serene environment at a distance of about 5km to the Central Business Area of Akure, the state capital. It is designed to organise residential and non-residential short management courses lasting from few days to two weeks and middle level diploma programmes which will run from 12 to 18 months. It will also serve as a regional centre for leadership development and training in Africa.
Applications are invited from suitably-qualified Nigerians for appointment to the post of:
- The Director-General is the Chief Executive Officer of the Institute and he/she is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Institute.
- The Director-General shall interpret and implement the corporate vision of the Institute and put in place administrative, technical and professional mechanisms for the achievement of the goals and objectives for the establishment of the Institute. In furtherance of these expectations, the Director-General shall direct curriculum and content development, guide course administration and supervise the general operations of the Institution.
- He shall also be the Accounting Officer of the Institute and have responsibility for granting approvals for all expenditures as spelt out in the procurement guideline for the Institute.
Qualification and Experience
The applicant should possess the following:
- At least a Masters degree in the Humanities, Social Sciences or any Development related course from a recognised Institution. A dual first degree certification in relevant courses at a graduating grade of not less than a Second Class (upper) shall also be considered while the possession of a PhD will be an added advantage.
- At least twelve (12) years post-qualification cognate experience.
- Membership of relevant professional
- Must not be more than 45 years of age.
- Possess an appreciable knowledge of Microsoft-Excel, Microsoft-Word and Microsoft-power point
- Applicants for the post of Director-General must have exhibited considerable degree of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable integrity, managerial ability and passion for leadership development in similar organisation
- Applicants must be in good health and able to endure the rigours of the duties of the position.
- The preferred candidate should have the ability to develop linkages with other Management Development Institutes locally and globally towards the development of the Institute as a regional hub for capacity enhancement of Managers in the Public and Private Sectors.
- The candidates must have excellent communication skills. A working knowledge of other languages, especially French, will be an added advantage.
- Candidates should be able to prepare and submit their vision statement, in not more than one thousand (1000) words, for the efficient take-off of the Institute and for raising its profile to national and continental consciousness within the next five year.
Conditions and Terms of Appointment
- The successful candidates shall be placed on the same salary scale as a Permanent Secretary in the State Civil Service.
- He/She shall hold office for an initial tenured term of three (3) years.
- He/She shall be entitled to one official car and other benefits applicable to a Permanent Secretary in the Civil Service of the State.
go to method of application »
Qualification & Experience
Applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Be an indigene of Ondo State.
- Be not above 45 years.
- Be a Graduate with B.Sc or HND of at least 15 years, with at least 10 years post-degree working experience.
- Be a holder of a Post-graduate qualification with at least two (2) years postgraduate-qualification-related working experience, or a cumulative of five  years of graduate- qualification-related Field Service experience after BSc or HND.
- Exhibit the ability to communicate in written and spoken English at the upper 10% of interviewees.
- Exhibit the ability to perform at the upper 10% of interviewees in Analytical Thinking.
- Exhibit the ability to use Microsoft EXCEL, Microsoft WORD and Microsoft POWERPOINT.
- Possess an appreciable knowledge of current ICT Concepts and Technologies of databases, network systems, smartcard technology.
- Possess verifiable experience in managing a teams of multi-disciplinary professionals on a regular CV Project-based basis.
- Have a track record of proven integrity.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should address and submit ten (10) copies of their applications, CV's and credentials in a sealed envelope marked "DG-PSTI" at the top right hand side, to:
The Head of Service,
Office of the Head of Service,
State Secretariat Akure,