Our client is a leading provider of air transportation services to the offshore oil and gas industry in Nigeria. The company is now seeking to recruit a seasoned HR executive to join its regional management team as: Human Resources Manager (Africa Region)
Reporting to the Director, Africa Region, you will be expected to effectively lead the Africa HR function of the business by developing, coordinating and implementing strategic HR policies to serve regional needs.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering HR guidance and consultancy services to the Africa region with special emphasis on flight operations, engineering, workshops, supply chain, technical services and support functions
- Ensuring high performance of the HR function by supervising the HR partners, senior HR advisors, and senior HR administrators across the region and globally
- Leading cultural change within the region, particularly in the areas of performance management, organizational improvement and customer focus
- Ensuring that HR policies and procedures reflect current employment legislation in each operational area
- Making sure all issues of discipline (i.e. queries and appeals) and grievances are handled properly in line with company policy and relevant local regulations and practice
- Degree-qualified in Business Administration, Human Resources or a related discipline, with a minimum of 12 years’ post-qualification experience (7 of which must have been in a senior management position). Membership of a professional body such as CIPM, CIPD, SHRM is essential
- Experienced in managing diverse, multi-cultural teams and locations with a good understanding of cultural diversity within the region
- Proven track record in providing broad generalist HR advice including policy implementation and compensation/benefits in a unionized environment
- Experienced in providing support to managers particularly with respect to discipline and grievance resolution, recruitment, employee relations and performance management
- Successful track record in managing industrial or employee relations in a medium to large company within Africa (Nigeria preferred)
- This position offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment with some of the most highly regarded experts in the air transportation service industry.
- A competitive remuneration package will be made available to the successful candidate.
Method of Application
To apply online, please send a comprehensive résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the indicated job reference as subject of your e-mail or send an application and comprehensive resume to the
Head, Staffing Services Division,
Human Edge Limited,
9B Onipinla Lane,
Off James Oluleye Street (Harmony Enclave),
Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja, Lagos.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale