Hamilton Lloyd and Associates is a young and innovative boutique human resources firm, which is focused on offering personalized services to organizations across a diverse range of sectors. The Hamilton Lloyd process involves a deep understanding of the client’s organizational culture, strategic objectives and needs to ensure that a tailor-made solution is proffered.
Key Purpose Statement:
- The objective of Talent manager is to attract, retain and develop motivated and engaged employees who deliver high performance and provide succession for the future.
- This role requires a deep understanding of the talent management needs within Nigeria.
- It requires the development and execution of a strategy to support business growth.
- A specialist who can operate as a strategic business partner, change agent, and trusted advisor in understanding business goals, key issues and resource implications - and translating this into highly considered Talent Management plans is required.
Outputs and Accountabilities
- Define and agree the talent strategy in alignment with the regional talent priorities.
- Act as the country lead and strategic advisor to EXCOM and senior business stakeholders on Talent Strategies and objectives.
- Work with senior leadership to identify cover for EXCOM and critical roles, and develop succession plans.
- Drive the talent elements of Our People Way while ensuring focus on implementing and anchoring the global standards.
- Drive Strategic Workforce planning.
- Lead the recruitment of management positions and conduct pre-screening interviews where appropriate.
- Build Talent Acquisition capability.
- Own the process to maintain and nurture the talent pipeline.
- Define the approach to external pipeline management based on business needs.
- Provide market insights to ensure appropriate inclusion in strategic talent planning activities.
- Prepare annual resourcing priorities.
- Define the recruitment focus areas for the country, in line with regional talent acquisition objectives, such as internal versus external appointments, diversity, talent mix.
- Ensure that appropriate Talent Acquisition processes are in place.
- Monitor key Talent Acquisition standards, via regionally-identified targets/metrics using insights from Talent Acquisition KPIs to inform local strategies and priorities.
- Increase the capability of the Human Resources Team to drive Competency-Based Interviewing standards.
- Work with HR Teams to identify risks in the People Balance Sheet and develop plans to mitigate them.
- Develop data analytics for the development of insights.
- Develop and implement a long term regional graduate strategy.
- Drive positive talent outcomes, through ensuring the development of key talent.
- Work with Regional Talent Manager to ensure a compelling Employment Value Proposition.
- Ensure that the investment in psychometric assessments is fully leveraged in the business and supports business strategic outcomes.
- Identify and interpret the business impacts of talent insights; convert insights into actions that support the strategic agenda of the business and delivers against the plan.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required
- B. Degree in the Humanities or Business Studies.
- Seasoned HR Practitioner/Resourcing Practitioner with a minimum of 5 years in managing talent resourcing at management level.
- Experience in research/talent pipelining.
- Demonstrated strength in direct sourcing.
- In-depth and up-to-date specialist knowledge of psychometric assessments.
- A deep understanding of and experience of best in class talent management practices.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of best practices in the field of organizational career development.
- Proven experience and ability to create a presence in the business, consulting, and applying advocacy skills to position Talent Management as a strategic business partner.
- Excellent computer skills.
Roles and attributes required
- Excellent leadership qualities with the ability to deliver results within a fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage complexity and work independently.
- Strategic thinker with strong commercial competencies.
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate at the highest level and build internal and external relationships quickly.
- Clear and confident verbal communicator with ability to represent the organization to external audiences.
- Strong knowledge of the use of social media in resourcing for brand building.
- Superior analytical skills.
- The ability to be diplomatic, persuasive and influential, with senior stakeholders.
- Experience in coaching is desirable.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills; ability to recognize critical problems and opportunities.
- Understanding of when to shift from analysis to action.
- Commercial aptitude.
- Potential and ambition to progress to more senior roles within the organization.
- Experience in the administration, interpretation and feedback of a range of psychometric assessment tools, including personality and cognitive tools (16PF, CPI and WAIS) will be a strongly advantage.
go to method of application »
- The role of a litigation lawyer will come with active hands-on experience in cases done in various state and federal trial courts, including specialized courts, tribunals and appellate courts across Nigeria.
- He /she is expected to be comfortable in the areas of constitutional, commercial, shipping and aviation, oil and gas, trade, labour and industrial disputes etc.
- Litigation is the resolution of disputes falling in the corporate and commercial sectors, such as banking transactions, civil fraud, corporate governance, asset and venture capital projects, financial services regulation, mergers and acquisitions, share capital re-organizations and professional negligence.
- The candidate would be part of drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements
- He /she would be actively involved in dispute resolution for companies, from both a commercial and legal perspective
- Candidate would be part of the initial case investigation/assessment
- He / she will be in charge of drafting pleas and motions on behalf of the plaintiff or defendant.
- As part of his responsibilities, candidate will be part of depositions and Candidate would also draft and argue discovery-related motions including motions to compel, protective orders and summary judgment motions.
- Will consult with and advise clients; retain expert witnesses; attend pre-trial conferences and develop a trial strategy based on the facts and evidence.
- Will also conduct pre-trial depositions of experts and key witnesses; prepare demonstrative to be used as trial exhibits; and draft and argue pre-trial motions.
- Will collaborate with experts and clients to craft a trial theme, identify strengths and weaknesses in a case; develop persuasive arguments; prepare witnesses for testimony and draft and argue trial motions.
- The candidate will be expected to present opening and closing statements, examine and cross-examine witnesses and craft a persuasive story for the fact-finder (judge or jury) through testimony and evidence.
- Litigation attorneys also prepare jury instructions and conduct post-trial interviews of the jury.
- If a case is settled out of court, candidate should be able to engage in negotiations with opposing parties; participate in mediations and settlement conferences with the parties and the judge; and create settlement brochures, agreements, releases and other settlement materials.
- Candidate should be able to draft post-trial motions; identify and preserve issues for appeal; develop appellate strategies; gather evidence for the appellate record; research procedural issues; draft appellate documents; and present oral arguments before appellate courts.
- If the case is particularly significant or complex, litigators may retain the assistance of attorneys who specialize in appellate practice.
- Any other responsibility as assigned by the Partners.
Degree and Qualifications/ Skills Required
- Candidate should have worked in an SAN firm consistently after NYSC.
- Candidate should have continuous experience in litigation.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent mastery of oral and written English.
- Candidate should be able to work under pressure.
- Candidate should be able to work with no supervision.
- Attention to detail is a definite requirement.
- A second class upper degree would be acceptable but a Masters degree is an added advantage.
- 6-8 years experience post call to bar.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org