COST ACCOUNTING STRUCTURE
• Build up well cost control structure based on Client`s SA standard and the Deep-Water District organization.
BUDGET / COST ANALYSIS
- For each Budget or PDC target, define with the drilling engineer the drilling planning & wells program leading to the drilling budget booklet
- Provide to Manager Client`s Budget and Cost Control, Budget Brochure for Partners and NAPIMS purpose
- Attend the different SUBCOMs for budget/performance defence/review with NAPIMS
- Upload the budget or the PDC in UNISUP within set deadlines.
- Promptly provide to the CLIENT`S Budget and Cost Control Manager, the updated Closure Forecast, main highlights, trend, area of concerns and cost/variance analysis not later than 3 days after Monthly Closure.
- Produce on a monthly basis Cost Report to the Package and to CLIENT`S Budget and Cost Control Manager.
- Update the Drillex EFC on a monthly basis and the LOP for main budget session.
ROUTINE COST ACTIVITES
- Support to drilling team for daily well cost follow-up.
- Prepare a cost booklet with the drilling engineer (list of contracts related to the drilling campaign, details of the daily fixed well cost, details of all contracts
- Prepare AFE before start of drilling on a particular well. Prepare well cost input Well Location Report and End of Well Report for submission to DPR/NAPIMS.
- In the P2P (Purchase to Pay) process, check the destination (WBS) and budget availability of the PO/PRs.
- Organise regular cost review meetings with Budget Responsible to identify opportunities to improve budgetary control.
- Review and issue the monthly Rig activity report to aid effective cost allocations between different operations.
- Follow up stock reconciliation between quantities issued to wells and quantities actually consumed and the consequent stock reintegration.
- Ensure monthly accruals are generated in the cost objects (WBS, cost centres etc) for Services/services already performed but yet to be invoiced using the UNISUP Scheduler/UNISUP Service Entry Sheets/Manual Accruals (following review with the operational managers to review the progress status of performed work). Also provide SKF for common cost allocation for monthly closures.
- Follow-up service contract related to Drilling Package
- Ensure proper commitments follow-up in UNISUP using the commitments report from the Business Warehouse to ensure that expenditures are in line with commitments and budgets
- Make sure all the Cost Control processes are compliant with SOX (ABS) procedures.
- Prepare monthly cash call for Drilling activities to enable call for funds from Partners.
- Regular interface with Nigerian subsidiary for the follow-up of Project invoices payment and UNISUP functionality for cost control functions. Manage the RFS process within the package
- Respond to queries raised by auditors (internal, partners etc), internal control, vendors etc.
- Ensure the DOA within the package is in place
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained
- Assists hierarchy in ensuring good cost control practices with the aim of producing defendable budgets and performance figures.
- Ensure good coordination with Contracts, Panning, other members of the package as well as the Deep-Water Organisation, Tech-Log and Cost Control CLIENT`S Central team
- To fully comply with office security, health and safety instructions.
- To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
- To report to Management on any issue they may face or observe and propose way of improvement.
- To also take care of colleagues safety and behaviour without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary.
- To give his own input and making sure the workplace is safe (obviously clean and tidy).
- To fully comply with Security rules about Travelling in Nigeria
Desired Skills and Experience
- BSc/HND or its equivalent in Social Science/Engineering with minimum of 10 years post qual. experience
- Good analytical skill and knowledge of cost control tools such UNISUP (SAP), Business Warehouse, Microsoft Office Suites etc.
- Good knowledge of the Oil & Gas business and good knowledge of drilling operations
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good Accounting knowledge (Cost allocations, accruals etc