Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organi7ations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CR5 operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, health and emergency programming.
CRS Nigeria leads the USAID-supported SMILE (Sustainable Mechanisms for improving Livelihoods and Household Empowerment) consortium consisting of ActionAid Nigeria and Westat designed to scale-up care and support services for orphans and vulnerable children in FCT Benue, Kogi Edo and Nasarawa by strengthening the capacity, of government, civil society organizations (CSOs) and communities. SMILE seeks to improve the wellbeing of 500,000 OVC and 125,000 caregivers and will be through an umbrella giants mechanism (UGM) whereby CSOs receive sub-grants to support capacity strengthening and program implementation at the community level. The project will also strengthen the Nigerian Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) response by strengthening the organizational systems and technical capacity of the five SMWASDs and targeted Local Government Areas (LGA).
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Reports To: Senior Technical Advisor, HIV/TB
- The technical Advisor, TB will be responsible for working closely with the SMILE technical team to achieve the strategic objectives of the program focusing primarily on community childhood TB care
- S/he will assist in the strengthening the capacity of partner CSOs and community DOT centers in the community childhood TB response in line with operational strategies for achieving project aims, results and performance expectations through adherence to high standards of programmatic and management quality.
- S/he will provide technical and programmatic support primarily in the areas of community childhood TB care to project community members including SMILE beneficiaries.
- S/he will be responsible for implementing strategies designed to strengthen the linkages between the community based I’ll activities and health facilities providing TB diagnosis care and treatment towards ensuring a continuum of care.
- S/he will also support the strengthening of the capacity of implementing CSOs, CTBC case managers and community volunteers in the area of community childhood TB prevention, case detection, ‘JR treatment support and community prevention awareness creation. The TATS will utilize approaches that support integration and maximize country and community-ownership.
Qualifications and Skills
- MBBS/MD and/or MPH with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in implementing TB programs especially community TB care
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Experience in supporting community TB prevention, case detection and treatment support programs in health facilities and community outreaches
- Experience in contributing to project design and proposal development in the TB/Health sector for USAID/PEPFAR programs.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation and reporting TB activities
- Good knowledge of Government of Nigeria TB guidelines and experience working with National TB and Leprosy Control Program (NTBLCP)
- Familiarity with community TB programming and principles.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills required.
- Excellent analytic, organizational and computer skills; skilled in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience with SharePoint a plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form below and send with a detailed 3 page resume in a one word document to: NG_HR@global.crs.org
Note: Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Click Here To Download Application Form
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.