The International Labour Organisation (ILO) Country Office in Abuja responsible for the Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra-Leone and the Gambia Offices and Liaison Office for ECOWAS hereby announces the following vacancy in its ECOWAS Labour Migration Project based in Abuja, Nigeria:
As shown below:
1. Support the Labour Migration Expert in the day-to day implementation of ILO's activities under the Project, including
administrative and financial coordination with the PMU. the ILO Country Office in Abuja, the ECOWAS, and other stakeholders.
2. Review and analyse country specific development plans and priorities on labour migration and counter-trafficking
issues and other relevant information and provide written analysis on the findings to the ILO Labour Migration Expert.
3. Assist the Labour Migration Expert in ensuring the effective implementation of the project activities through timely provision of technical inputs, preparation of briefs, terms of reference, background information, and revision of studies, timely and efficient delivery of outputs,
4. Contribute to the backstopping and monitoring of project activities and draft portions of periodic and ad-hoc reports on the status of programme planning and implementation.
5. Provide programming and administrative support to the project; prepare budget estimates and expenditure forecasts.
6. Participate in the preparation (planning, organisation, facilitation) of conferences, seminars, workshops, training sessions and meetings,
7. Participate in policy dialogue and technical consultations and undertake mission to project sites,
8. Establish and develop information syslems covering ILO technical activities under the project and economic and social issues of relevance to the project, and establish coordination with concerned ILO departments and programmes.
10. Update the ILO Office in Abuia, the ILO DvVT in Dakar, and the ILO headquarters about the implementation of
"The ILO promotes opportunities for women and men to obtain decent and productive work in conditions offreedom, equity, security and human dignity."
Please send your application and most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Details of UN Benefits and entitlements: Please visit http://icsc.un.org/sal_sab.asp
Application closing date for post: 7th August, 2015.