The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems.
The University offers an American – style education modelled after the curriculum of American universities with corresponding approaches to teaching and students assessment. The first entering class of 124 students and 20 professors was enrolled in September 2005. In ten years, AUN is fast becoming a model for other universities in Nigeria and West Africa.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The position is primarily responsible for teaching Cisco Academy Courses (Specifically including ITE & CCNA) & Basic ICT courses.
DETAILED LISTING OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing quality instruction to students in classroom and laboratory settings
- Create, review, maintain and provide input to the course curriculum to ensure that it is on par with international standards
- Prepare and maintain all relevant teaching materials
- Prepare, administer and mark assessments to evaluate students' progress
- Prepare students to sit for certification exams if applicable
- Developing student skills through personal involvement & problem solving
- Ensure that the course documentation for all the Cisco Academy course offerings are up to date
- Perform relevant administrative duties relating to the responsibilities of an Instructor
- Assist the AUN Cisco Academy Manager with Curriculum Lead & Main Contact responsibilities as per the Cisco Academy guidelines
- Assist the AUN Cisco Academy Manager with the support to all Academies in the AUN Academy tree – including maintaining the AUN Cisco Academy Instructor Facebook page
- Deliver Training-of-Trainers as required to ensure that the ACIT and other academies in the support tree are equipped to deliver all curriculum required and maintain the required status in the Program.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
Requirements for the position:
- Must possess at least an appropriate Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 1 years’ experience as a Cisco Academy instructor
- Experience in Cisco Academy management will be an added advantage
- A current CCNA industry certification will be an added advantage, but must be obtained within 6-9 months otherwise.
- Be certified as a Cisco Academy Trainer-of-Trainers in at least ITE & CCNA, or commit to obtain this certification within 9-12 months, and maintain this certification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to organize work efficiently and work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to lead, motivate and monitor an instructor team to achieve set goals and targets.
- Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
- Proficient in ICT skills, including MS Office, Internet and e-mail, and other relevant applications and systems as used by the AUN and Department
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, integrity, and confidentiality.
Method of Application
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AUN is an equal-opportunity and non-discriminatory employer. For more information on AUN, please visit www.aun.edu.ng