Finance Job Position at GE Nigeria
Posted on: 24 July, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at GE - General Electric
GE Nigeria works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- As the Lead Accountant you will be responsible for monitoring and managing accuracy of accounting entries.
- Ensuring that entries are timely, and compliant. Will provide support to more junior team members by clarifying accounting requirements, mitigating risks, and supporting customers on system changes.
- Full responsibility for the timely preparation and submission of monthly/quarterly management reports to HQ and the business units
- Full responsibility for analyzing Business financials on a monthly basis and reporting on variances
- Leading month-end/quarter-end closing, communicating the closing calendar and ensuring strict adherence to agreed timelines
- Reviewing General Ledger entries to ensure completeness and accuracy of Business financials
- Reviewing account reconciliations in line with the Corporate criteria for quality and driving quick resolution of any identified defects or failures
- Support internal and external financial and tax audit and examination processes, including assisting with the preparation of audited financial statements, footnotes and supplemental information
- Primary contact for the Businesses, responding timely and accurately to queries/clarifications raised
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other Business related field and 3 - 5 years progressive accounting or finance experience
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g. CA, CPA, ACCA, ACA)
- Demonstrated proficiency in U.S. GAAP, local GAAP, IFRS and authoritative accounting literature (i.e. FASB pronouncements)
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Experience working in a global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner Strong analytical skills:
- Able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change Clear thinking/problem solving:
- Successfully led projects/process improvements within operations/finance functions; able to quickly grasp new ideas Adaptable/flexible:
- Being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations Integrity:
- Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about GE - General ElectricSimilar Jobs
- Field Service Engineers at Culminate Consulting
- Jobs at a Reputable Automobile Company
- IT Staff at World Equipment Protection System Ltd. (WEPSL)
- Director of Operations at Sealing Engineering Services Limited
- Engineering Vacancies at TRANOS
- Jobs at Excel Creative Network Limited
- Sales Engineers at Stag Engineering Nigeria Limited
- Jobs at Smartflow Technologies Limited