Hobark International Limited is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
The position is managerial and independent of daily supervision from line manager. This means that the position holder will plan and execute the tasks, and day to day work on an independent basis.
Key tasks and Responsibilities
The Contracts and Procurement Manager has the following responsibility and key tasks:
• Actively pursues the development and implementation of contracting & procurement practices, standards and forms to meet the objecxtives of the Company
• Acquire supplier market knowledge and maintain supplier relations as required Plans, organizes, directs and controls the contracting and procurement function
• Responsible for the management of Procurement Activities such as Purchasing, Expediting, Logistics and Material Handling
• Develop and implement Contracting and Procurement Strategy
• Implementing Client Contract requirements and ensure flow downs into Contracting Plan and Procurement Strategy
• Provide regular status and progress reporting (Procurement Milestone Plan, etc.)
• Manage a team of Purchasers, Expeditors, Contract Administrators and Logistics Coordinators on contracting and procurement activities, including but not limited to sourcing, bidding, evaluation, expediting, etc
• Performs contracting and procurement activities in accordance with the contracting and procurement practices and standards published in the Company Management System and the established Contracting Plan and Procurement Strategy
• Performs contracting and procurement duties including key responsibility for negotiations
• Ensure adequate staffing and provide general supervision to functional staff, ensuring their career development and training
• Maintains total responsibility for the complete contracting and procurement function and reports operationally to Project Management and General Operations Management and functionally to SVP Supply Chain
• Contribute ideas for improvement of best practices
• Liaise with other internal stakeholders (Finance, Legal, Business Development, Estimating, Engineering, Operations Manager, General Operations Management, etc.)
• Establish service and frame agreements in Nigeria Other duties as assigned
The above tasks shall apply to all phases of the business process (Client Tender Phase and Project Execution Phase). In addition, the following shall apply for Contract and Procurement Managers within Operations:
• Visit local operation offices/shore base on a regular basis in order to ensure unified procurement processes worldwide
• Contribute with input to life cycle cost considerations
• Other duties as required to comply with requirements from Offshore Units and/or local regulations
Possess a degree or equivalent experience
• Typically requires 10 years of relevant experience, primarily in the area of contracting and procurement
• Good understanding and knowledge of the technical, contractual and commercial issues related to design and engineering of Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading vessels
• Experience in offshore oil and gas industry is an advantage
• Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Fluent in oral and written English language
• Team player and meticulous to details
• Excellent leadership and decision-making skills
The position is located in Lagos with temporary assignments at local operations offices or Units if so required. The position requires flexibility in order to reach goal
To follow-up the Construction and associated pre-commissioning activities related to Nigerian Content (NC) packages, up to end of Construction and load-out/integration works. Ensure that fabrication is in accordance with the design.
• To ensure that all construction activities related to his discipline are performed safely and efficiently in line with company objectives.
• To oversee the activities of all site teams within his discipline to ensure that all technical, contractual and cost information is properly recorded, collated and available for inspection/reference as required by company policy.
• To identify deficiencies and develop solutions to identified construction problems within his discipline.
• Monitor all structural related works during prefabrication and erection.
• Ensure contractor to follow and comply with requirement of Company specification
• Reviews structural material certificates arrived at workshop together with QA/QC superintendent.
• Comments on the contractor documents related to structural in due time.
• Review and comment site queries related to structural works and co-ordinate the response with structural engineer leader.
• Close communication and exchange/share an information/constraint at yard with structural engineer leader.
• Monitor QC activities within his discipline
• To manage construction interfaces within his discipline with others (engineering, other sub-projects, commissioning) arbitrating between different disciplines, the only criterion being the overall good of the project.
• To maintain good relationships with contractors, being relatively flexible, proactive but also strict when necessary to achieve the objectives of the project.
• To ensure that safety remains the main priority on the construction site at all times.
• Attend the toolbox meetings.
• To ensure that the construction yards are provided with suitable information in line with requirements (technical & schedule), troubleshooting any technical problems that could affect construction/ fabrication.
• To identify critical activities and potential bottlenecks for the progress of the works.
• To inform periodically to Construction Yard Representative about the progress activities and area of concern.
• To prepare or help to prepare reports for company, partners, and authorities as required
• Professional experience (number of years): 10 years of relevant construction experience in Oil and Gas production projects
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Language: English fluent
The job holder of QC Superintendent will have the responsibility to ensure that for all QAQC activities at fabrication yard, HSE and Security is given the right level of attention throughout all phases of the project and corresponding requirements.
The job holder is directly responsible to:
• Acts as Project Quality Engineer/QC Coordinator in absence
• Ensure Project Quality Management Team, OTHER CONTRACTORS' and OTHER SUBCONTRACTORS are aligned with the project quality policy, objectives and principles.
• Provide indoctrination and training for personnel.
• Direct implementation of COMPANY IIF program within the site/yard QA/QC organization.
• Actively promote quality awareness and commitment within the Project.
• Ensure that Project contracts technical and quality requirements are met.
• Assure that activities required for the quality management system are planned, implemented, controlled, and their progress monitored and reported.
• Coordinate all the activities of the site QC Supervisors and Inspectors and report to Package QA Lead
• Oversee development and maintenance of site/yard QA/QC Programs.
• Maintain interfaces with Project Team and Site management and monitor the plans and activities of Site QA/QC.
• Monitor quality performance and coordinate Project quality reporting.
• Ensure that concessions and deficiencies are properly documented, processed and reported to Yard Representative and Package Quality Lead
• Monitor collation of fabrication quality records to assure accurate and efficient collation and ‘on time’ delivery of quality records and MRB Review and Progress Reporting.
• Ensure Non-conformances are followed and resolved with the help of other inspectors
• Attend weekly and monthly quality meetings with OTHER CONTRACTORS' / OTHER SUBCONTRACTOR and report back to Project Quality Package Lead.
• Follow up with the help of other inspectors the Review of the “As Built” Dossier for completeness and compliance.
• Ensures compliance with internal Quality procedures.
• Adheres to Company work processes to ensure that deliverables and documents are of consistent high quality.
• Plans work and establishes priorities to ensure work is completed and reported on schedule.
• Represents Company and SERVICE CONTRACTOR in a positive and professional manner.
• Performs other tasks as may be assigned by Project Team/PQM/Package Manager
• Ensure all HSE issues are properly addressed and monitored by the construction team within his discipline and report to management in accordingly
• To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be assigned by his hierarchical superiors.
• Prepared and issued Inspection Release Certificates.
• Represent the FPSO Project in all Quality activities in the fabrication yard.
• Good working knowledge of ANSI, ASME, API) Codes, metallurgy, welding engineering, NDT used in FPSO design and construction of Pressure vessel.
• Understand UT Inspection is a major advantage as the Quality Lead on site.
• Graduate Bachelor’s degree (B. Sc) or equivalent in engineering disciplines relevant to Oil & Gas and Construction engineering activities.
• Professional Experience (number of years): 10-15 years of relevant construction experience in Oil and Gas Production Projects.
• Possession of Recognized Quality Assurance or Quality Management qualification and a formal training in ISO 9001:2008 standards.
• Administrative skill including proficiency in typical office application (Words, Excel, Power Point, etc)
• Fluent in English and able to communicate at all level within the Company. Good planning capacity, presentation , negotiation and organizational skills
• Analytical thinking competency, able to analyze and propose recommendation base on statistical data
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online preferred job titles to apply online.