If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
CA Global Headhunters is a Global Recruitment/Staffing Company offering permanent, interim, executive, retained and contract jobs in Africa across a spectrum of industry sectors.
CA Global has worked extensively within Africa and consequently gained a specialist reputation within the region.
The CFO is responsible for overseeing and directing the organization’s financial goals, objectives and budgets; development of a financial and operational strategy, risk management operations of the company, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. Also responsible for financial planning and record-keeping, as well as financial reporting to the board of directors.
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, business performance, legal, tax, and treasury departments
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Protect and preserve corporate assets through the application of globally consistent costing and control techniques which are in accordance with generally accepted accounting policies (GAAP) and corporate policies
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Report financial results to the board of directors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for debt and equity financing
- Invest funds
- Invest pension funds
- Participate in conference calls with the investment community
- Maintain banking relationships
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Experience in forecasting and budgeting
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product
- Ability to meet and establish deadlines
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate to advanced applications software expertise (Excel and accounting software)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Good communicator
- Able to challenge the status quo and drive through changes
- Diligent with strong attention to detail
- Up to date knowledge of accounting regulations
- Good understanding of business as well as financial issues
- Sound decision making
- A minimum of 12 years’ experience in a senior executive role.
- CPA designation.
- MBA or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills.
Benefits And Contractual Information
- Competitive salaries offered;
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.