United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), is supporting the Government of Nigeria to strengthen prevention of and response all forms of violence against children. In particular, assistance will be provided to strengthen the child protection system, including through modelling the system in four States, in order to demonstrate the impact of a well-functioning child protection system, to develop a common model for operationalizing the Child Rights Act at State level and to develop standardized tools, including regulations, working protocols and training manuals to govern the system.
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
VN No.VN-NGR- 49-2015
Type of Appointment: Special Service Agreement (SSA) for 6 months
Purpose of Assignment
- The purpose of this consultancy is to provide additional technical support to the State and LGA partners in the implementation of sustainable WASH service delivery with improved systems and capacity to achieve the key project results at State, LGA and Community level in Yobe state under Maiduguri Field Office.
- The consultancy will be based on UNICEF approved Special Service Agreement (SSA) guidelines and managed by the respective Field to ensure effective implementation of all the planned activities under the WSSSRP-ll project in the State.
Major Task to be Accomplished
WASH in Emergency:
- Assist Yobe State Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency (RUWASA) to ensure appropriate coordination between all WASH humanitarian partners (national and international NGOs, the International Federation of Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement, CBOs, etc.), through establishments/maintenance of appropriate State WASH sector working group for the complementarity of different WASH humanitarian actors' actions and linkage with other sector working groups through the SEMA
- Facilitate adequate WASH related contingency planning and preparedness for potential significant changes in the nature of the emergency in Yobe State
- Facilitate identification of gaps in WASH humanitarian response, draft/recommend update WASH response. transition, or exit strategies as applicable and action plans based on lessons learned from WASH response activities and advocate/lobby implementing humanitarian partners to address the gaps where critical gaps in addressing WASH priorities are identified.
- Support RUWASA and the WASH in Emergency group in maintaining a regular flow of information among stakeholders at all levels and establishing data room where all information and documents relating to the tendering/contracting/payment processes, monitoring and progress can be obtained,
- Provide technical assistance to the Yobe State RUWASA and other UNICEF WASH partners in the planning, implementation, monitoring and supervision of humanitarian activities including Programme cooperation Agreements (PCAs) activities and provide monthly progress report of project activities regular inputs for various donor reports and humanitarian updates including sitreps and snapshots on schedule as well as when needed
- Facilitate/assist tracking of WASH supplies and the monitoring of the end-use of supplies
- Provide technical assistance to the Yobe State RUWAS in the planning, Implementation, monitoring and supervision of agreed annual work plans ensuring adherence to procurement guidelines, quality of construction and provision of facilities in planned locations and provide monthly progress report of project activities as well as regular inputs for various donor reports
- Support the attainment of planned water and sanitation results in communities and WASH in schools for the EU supported LGAs in Yobe including monitoring the counterpart contribution for the hardware components of the project
- Support State RUWASA to establish and operationalize Federation of WASHCOMs at LGA level and subsequently expand to the State level to ensure sustainable WASH services .
- Document process. progress and best practices of the project implementation to support evidence-based advocacy and learning (produce documentaries, human interest stories, case studies etc ,) before the end of project.
- Ensure data on WASH intervention for EU and humanitarian assistance is property maintained and updated,
- The Consultant will also be assigned any other duty by the supervisor
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required
- Advanced University Degree in Geology, Civil/Environmental Engineering, Water, Sanitation, Public Health or related field relevant to WASH.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in programme planning, implementation and monitoring preferably in water and sanitation sector.
- Proven analytical and planning skils and ability to think strategically.
- Good communications and writing skills in English.
- Excellent presentation skills, both in terms of written and oral communication.
- Willingness to travel to rural and semi-urban areas of the country.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong computing skills including spreadsheets and graphics
- Passion and commitment to UNICEF's mission and professional values.
- Proven analytical and planning skills and ability to think strategically.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application, accompanied by an updated CV in English and a completed United National Personal History Form, which can be download below and sent to: email@example.com
Click Here to Download the United Nations Personal History Form
Note: Please put the position title you are applying for on the subject line of your email.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.