Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield services companies. Our product and service portfolio spans the life cycle of the well, and includes capability in drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, and completion. The Company provides innovative solutions, technology, and services to the oil and gas industry, and operates in over 100 countries.
Field Engineer IV: Engineer-in-Charge - Wireline
Coordinates the running of the wireline location in all aspects related to field operations and implementation of wireline processes, policies, standards and procedures, under direction of a superior or support function. Further responsibilities include ensuring personnel are trained and competent to perform specific wireline related tasks, client liaison, operational planning and optimization, health and safety, quality control and maintenance / calibration of equipment. The EIC also maintains a field role as the last man out and should where possible try to manage operations with that as the primary goal. The EIC will also play a key role in the development of the business at the location; this is the most senior semi-field position in the BU and is the first step to assuming management control of the BU at location level.
- Demonstrates fundamental Safety & Quality Leadership as charge of the business unit sector or product line, ensuring personal accountability across all levels
- Implements and ensures compliance to safety process and protocols as directed by the BU and Country Structure, regularly holds / participates in safety meetings, Opportunities for Improvement and the Weatherford Safe Start program
- Participates in the Weatherford Management Participation Program and represents the BU by his / her contribution, ensuring that such objectives are also rolled out to all personnel
- Ensures there is adequate coverage of personnel and equipment for projected levels of activity. Plans field operations with assigned engineers, and provides direction and recommendations to ensure high quality services
- Monitors the status of field jobs, and provides immediate assistance in handling failures or solving technical difficulties
- Maintains close client contact and communication on matters of service quality and keeps up to date on client’s proposed activities, ensuring regular service quality reviews are held and documented
- Coordinates with assigned engineers and electronic technicians for the management of tool and equipment preventative maintenance, modifications and repairs, and ensures all field and workshop personnel follow preventative maintenance procedures, and ensures that all NCRs are followed up to closure with Root Cause Analyses.
- Ensures adherence to safety regulations by all personnel, and regularly holds and participates in safety meetings
- Ensures implementation to and compliance with the General Wireline Policy and Standard Operating Procedures
- Holds systematic debriefing sessions with field crews to ensure that all personnel and equipment are fit for purpose as per the planning requirements of the particular operation
- Hold systematic debriefing sessions with field crews to correct deficiencies, improve service, and ensure the delivery of a quality service
- Evaluates the quality, proficiency and efficiency of field operations by regular well site visits to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures and conducts analysis of reports and log quality control
- Participates in Annual Technical Systems Audits to ensure that Wireline and Country Systems are effectively implemented, such Audits will be led by a supporting authority
- Ensures prompt and efficient reporting and administration according to Company, policies and regulations, including financial, operational and QHSSE
- Ensures the Regional BU Support functions are aware of tender activity and have the required information to support in local business development decisions
- Assists the Country Manager / Business Unit Manager / Operations Manager in maintaining clear and open lines of communication and employee morale
- Ensures that personnel are aware of the latest developments for logging equipment, including the distribution of Operations Letters
- Ensures the location is fully using the Wireline TOPS system and WPTS
- Ensures that critical information on technical and safety issues is distributed throughout his change of command, making sure that regular meetings are held and document to ensure all personnel are aware of their roles and responsibilities on operational matters and the continuous improvement of the location
- Maintains a Semi-Field Role as per previous role and Job Description
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS (MAY REQUIRE FURTHER SUPPORT):
- Performs other duties as assigned by Regional Support Functions and the Country Management
- Manages assets (books transfers, etc.) and keeps track of field cost transfers of tools, equipment and personnel
- Evaluates, appraises, and counsels employees consistent with performance management objectives, recommends promotions and / or changes in job classification. Conducts formal reviews of location staff as per Country and BU personnel development programs
- Responsible for the training, competency, development and appraisal of location staff, ensuring that engineers, operators, workshop, and clerical staff training is identified and undertaken
- Provides assistance and guidance in the training of all levels of staff
- Participates in budgeting plus other financial and administrative functions within the Country
- Determines the need for additional labour and initiates hiring procedures, including interviewing personnel
- Assists in the preparation of quotations to customers
- College degree in Engineering or related science, or equivalent oilfield job experience
- Must have at least achieved the rank of Senior Engineer.
- Internal candidates are preferred due to process experience
- Radiation, explosives, and pressure certification as required.
- Valid driver's license.
- Minimum Safety Training / Weatherford Induction Training
1. Minimum of one year as a Senior Field Engineer.
1. Fosters and maintains Customer relations by establishing a positive image; strengthens Customer relations through frequent Customer contact and job follow-up.
2. Presents attitude and appearance such as to enhance the Business Unit's image and promote Customer relations.
3. Gives and takes instructions.
4. Initiates and actively participates in problem solving procedures.
1. Country Operations Manager and Wireline BU Manager.
2. Managers of other locations, technical and specialist staff
3. All levels of office staff
4. All levels of workshop and field staff.
5. Technical Sales Managers.
6. All levels of field and special service engineers.
7. Geologists, drilling engineers, rig personnel, Customer representatives, and logging supervisor.
- Ensures that Safety and Service Quality meets Business Unit, Company and Customer standards.
- Ensures services are delivered in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
- Completes own work in an accurate, timely, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
- Maintains Customer confidence in the quality of Business Unit products and services.
- Maintains confidentiality of Business Unit's business, equipment, and training methods.
- Maintains confidentiality of Customer's business.
1. The Engineer in Charge reports directly to the BU Manager or Wireline Manager. If either of these positions is temporarily unavailable he / she will report to the Regional Wireline Manager and indirectly to the applicable Country Manager position
2. The Field Engineer supervises Wireline Staff generally up to a maximum of 10
This job description describes a general category of tasks. Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time, according to the needs of the location or Business Unit.
Materials concerning the development of this job description, based upon interview and observation, are available upon request.
Method of Application
Interested andd suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.