Save the Children International is a 'dual mandate' organisation and as such equal priority will be given to both humanitarian and development work. This is the only way we will be able to ensure that some of the fundamental rights that we believe children have, such as survival, safety and constant access to protection and education can be guaranteed. As part of a commitment to work with children through humanitarian interventions Save the Children will support programmes in both sudden onset and chronic emergency situations.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Responsible for all GSK MEAL activities in Kaduna & Gombe States. Data management including data quality assurance, database maintenance, logistics and coordination for research activities including workshops, conducting literature research, and preparing reports. The officer will also support cross cutting Monitoring and Evaluation efforts across thematic areas and programmes
To provide support to the MEAL Unit in the design, and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities. In particular, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will assist with the implementation of quality assurance assessments, post training follow-up and routine data systems and provide technical inputs to the project implementation.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (health sciences, social sciences, development studies or other)
· Candidates must have at least 2-3 years of progressive experience working in a similar research position
· Formal training in research methods at a graduate level is an asset
Knowledge and Skills:
· Skills and experience conducting data verification, analysis, reporting and monitoring
· Experience in transcribing audio data, and in data entry
· Excellent IT skills
· Good writing, editing, research, and presentation skills
· Previous experience in facilitating trainings, workshops and events
· Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
· Competent and experienced in general office administration, coordination and logistics
· Ability to lead on detailed logistical tasks such as those required for fieldwork or when organizing events
· Excellent skills in oral and written communications
· Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
· Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills are an advantage
For the above position kindly send your C.V and qualifying statements to: Nigeria.ProgramsVacancy@savethechildren.org on or before July 14th, 2015 explaining why you are suitable for the position you are applying for. State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please note that applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In order to apply for more great opportunities, please visit our website onwww.savethechildren.net/jobs.
For more information and to support our work, please visit our website onwww.savethechildren.net
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE AN IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES? JOIN US!!!