Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer and overall supervision of the Chief of Mission , with close collaboration with the Procurement Assistant in Abuja, the incumbent will assist in all the required activities of organizing logistics/procurement in the mission.He/She will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide assistance in all procurement and supply requisitions of office and project equipment, supplies, materials and office furniture;
- Assist in ensuring that the proper IOM administrative procedures and standards as well as highest degree of personal and professional ethics for store request, quotations, follow up, bidding, ordering and stock keeping are strictly adhered to.
- Assist in coordination to ensure that all project-related purchases are reviewed and approved by the Project Manager in accordance to the purchase authorization matrix and donor’s requirements.
- Assist in fleet management; follow up office repairs and maintenance works as well as office equipment repairs and maintenance.
- Assist with all visa related coordination for International staff, TDYers and Consultants of the mission. Will also be required to provide assistance to national staff as it relates to their official visa application processing.
- Coordinate closely with the Finance Department on accounting requirements prior to issue of purchase orders and on payment procedures for goods delivered and ensuring timely submission of all financial documents to the finance department by the stipulated date;
- Follow- up and Ensure the timely delivery of procured supplies and materials by the vendors and report to requisitioner about the status of procurements, including estimated time of delivery and/or any changes which may affect pre-determined delivery conditions
- Assist for asset controlling includes tagging the asset number, identify the user, and locate the asset.
- Maintain records of all transaction, ensuring that an efficient filling system for record of all quotations, copies of records of expenditure, receipts, local order forms, etc are kept as per IOM procedures.
- Assist programme staff in preparation of unambiguous specifications for purchase of goods, prior submission of requisition, soliciting for offers and quotations, and preparing Bids analysis accordingly.
- Assist in first review of vendor invoices to ensure compliance with order and goods received;
- Timely update and correctly enter all related data of purchases into PRISM including all purchased assets;
- Assist in preparing financial documentation like local purchase orders (LPOs), payment requests, purchase requisition form etc. pertaining to the office requirements in Lagos office;
- Prepare weekly progress report for all procurement activities.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
a) takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism; b) works effectively with all clients and stakeholders; c) promotes continuous learning: communicates clearly; d) takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management; e) plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility; f) displays mastery of subject matter; g) contributes to a collegial team environment; h) creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA); i) incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
a) Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations; b)effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners; c)Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance mission’s office objectives; d)follows internal control procedures to prevent fraud and mismanagement; e) Delivers on set objectives in strict deadlines; f) knowledge of procurement principles, processes and standards.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies, Logistics or Business Administration; University Degree a distinct advantage.
- At least three years of professional work experience in Procurement and Logistics, preferably in a non-government organization or international humanitarian organizations or UN agencies.
- Thorough understanding of IOM Procurement and Logistics policies, rules and regulations an added advantage.
- Knowledge on Government requirements on duty exemptions.
- Knowledge of visa procedures with the relevant government agency and Embassies required.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned.
- Ability to pay close attention to details, take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Teamwork oriented, capacity to work independently;, experience in working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and to keep deadlines
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications especially spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have strong analytical, planning and people management skills.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
Thorough knowledge of English.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to email address email@example.com or before 17 July, 2015.
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to The Chief of Mission, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line RE-ISSUED: VN2015_17 (O)-NAT Logistics and Procurement Assistant (Lagos).
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV). Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.