Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
Our vision is to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.
Establish a solid foundation for creating future leaders of Africa (and the world) via 4 weeks of intensive professional development activities preceding technical training. Break and re-build promising young Kenyans/Nigerians to believe that they are limitless. The curriculum and process of doing this is known as MONTH ONE.
The specific responsibilities of the Skills Trainer include:
- Primary trainer and coach for fellows undergoing MONTH ONE onboarding
- Maintain rubrics and grading systems for fellows undergoing MONTH ONE onboarding
- Become an expert in applied improvisation and use that expertise to effectively use business improv as a teaching tool
- Develop, teach and deliver curricula related to professional development of fellow soft skills during MONTH ONE
- Collaborate with technical trainers and project simulation experts to ensure that the rest of training delivers fellows that are ready for client success upon graduation to D1 level
- Ensure that curricula, policies and procedures are properly documented
- Create systems to ensure evolution of curricula, policies and procedures as per standards set by Success Department
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidates for this role you exemplify:
- Educational experience (teacher, coach, counselor etc.)
- Demonstrable understanding of pedagogical concepts (curriculum, metrics, standards, objectives, etc.)
- High intelligence and thirst for knowledge
- High adaptability, flexibility and openness to change
- Clear-spoken, extroverted and gregarious nature, with experience in theater or improv arts preferred
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, And a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
go to method of application »
About the Role
In the role of User Interface Designer, you are a crucial member of the Tech and Training team here at Andela. You’ll be responsible for Interface Design for internal projects as well as several client projects. You will be the go-to man for anything design, pixel perfection, information architecture and product design best practices. You will also be accountable for holding every developer in Andela to high design standards.
- You are comfortable using Prototyping tools like Balsamiq, Invision or Photoshop to create Low Fidelity prototypes for web applications.
- You are comfortable communicating with a client in the US and are able to help flesh out requirements into User Interfaces.
- You have experience designing High Fidelity prototypes using Photoshop.
- You’ve worked in various roles with a strong focus on front-end development for web-based applications that are responsive and look great on both desktop and mobile
- You can translate high-fidelity PSDs into pixel-perfect prototypes using HTML5, CSS3 and AngularJS that work across all modern browsers
- You have worked with Foundation, Bootstrap and Angular.js on multiple projects
- You can work on your own most of the time but are open to feedback because you know it helps you continue to improve - so you seek it out regularly
- A proven ability to create products that people love to use
- Worked with both Startups and established companies
- You’ve had to wear in multiple hats in previous roles
- Come up with superb user interface designs for applications (both in-house and for clients)
- Convert PSD to pixel-perfect, hand-coded HTML/CSS
- Work closely with developers and client to turn idea into product
- Convert an existing “desktop” feature into a responsive feature that works across smart phones and tablets
- Interview customers and incorporate their feedback into your design work
- Use your eye for detail to do final acceptance testing (cross-browser, UX, etc) on new features once they have been built and are ready for production
go to method of application »
About the Technical Coordinator Position:
As Technical Coordinator, you will be responsible for helping Andela’s Software Engineers successfully engage remote clients. Distributed work environments are growing in popularity but the lack of physical proximity still brings unique operational challenges. As our engineers partner with teams spread around the world, across industries and across technology stacks, your role will be to help make the client and the remote team feel much closer.
No two days will ever be alike and variety will be the only constant. In the morning, you might find yourself helping engineers better understand the business value of their California team’s user stories; in the afternoon, you might virtually travel across the Atlantic in order to support another team of engineers as they strategically plan a data migration for their team in London.
With your knowledge of business, technology, remote communication and agile project management, you will help make the distance between our engineers and their teams---thousands of kilometers in most cases---feel like a logistical afterthought.
The specific responsibilities of the Technical Coordinator position include:
- Performing iteration management to ensure that our engineers are always working on high priority tasks that will bring the most value to their team.
- Ensuring that our engineers are able to understand the business context and value of their work, as well as how it impacts users.
- Working with our engineers to decompose high level stories into smaller, specific tasks
- Assist our engineers in effectively communicating with their teams
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidate for this role you:
- Have a four-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university.
- Have at least 5 years of experience working in software development, technology consulting or software product management
- Have experience effectively working remotely
- Are passionate about the evolving technology landscape and enjoy leveraging advancements to solve business problems
- Have a strong understanding of agile software development techniques
- Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written)
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have strong leadership skills.
- Strongly motivated by our social mission of training 100 thousand young Africans in next 10 years.
Method of Application
Use links below to apply