Lafarge Group - Created in 1833, Lafarge group, headquartered in France, is the world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in three of its activities: No 1 worldwide in Cement, No 2 worldwide in Aggregates & Concrete, and No 3 worldwide in Gypsum.
Located in 62 countries with 64,000 employees, Lafarge is a world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in its Cement, Aggregates & Concrete businesses. In 2013, Lafarge posted sales of 15.1 billion euros.
Lafarge ranked amongst the top 10 of 500 companies evaluated by the "Carbon Disclosure Project" in recognition of their strategy and actions against global warming. With the world's leading building materials research facility, Lafarge places innovation at the heart of its priorities, working for sustainable construction and architectural creativity.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
The MPD Engineer is responsible for execution of maintenance work carried out on all mobile plant equipment, following policies (TYTP & best practice) doctrines in day-to-day work and generally ensuring safe working conditions and good safe practices are applied at work.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensures proper scheduling, planning of works, resources and execution.
• Manages his team defines the missions and objectives of his workforce and carries out their performance reviews, promotes the quality of work and motivates his personnel.
• Ensures the permanent update of the personnel skills and assists to develop and implement a training plan to that effect.
• Facilitates good communications and relationships with other departments.
• Conducts and takes part in regular departmental meetings to improve operations.
• Conveys management policies to subordinates.
• Communicates results to the management.
• Ensure company working hours and good shift timings are maintained.
• Ensure safe working conditions and good safe practices are applied at work.
Essential & Desirable Skills
• Minimum of HND/BSc in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in a related function
• Ability to carry out faulty diagnosis on diesel engines, hydraulic and transmission systems
• Demonstrable knowledge of Health/Safety Standards and Systems in an industrial environment
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.