Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many "firsts" in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more Nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
This is a vital position to support Enterprise business unit to do planning and providing customized technical solutions to enterprise business customers. This person will be interacting with the enterprise business team and customers very extensively. Flexible and economical design with timely delivery is the essence of this role.
- Enterprise Network IP and Internet Design and Provisioning
Planning of building enterprise network IP infrastructure with transmission resources
- IP and Internet Solution & Design to meet specific requirements of the enterprise customers
IP & Internet Project Management:
- Plan & build the upgrade of existing mobile network to provide enterprise solutions to support enterprise business unit.
IP Sales Support:
- Projects plans to be prepared to ensure efficient and timely delivery
IP Address Management:
- Interface with Enterprise business team on IP Product support
- Interface with clients to understand their IP requirements
Good understanding of RIPE and AFRINIC database and the Nigerian Internet Exchange Point.
Good Technical Knowledge:
- Good knowledge of IP address management
- Must know in-depth, IP / Data communications and various IP based technologies.
- Design, implementation, test and turn up of customer IP services in cooperation with the customer and field services teams. This includes IP Access, BGP transit and MPLS VPNs on layer 2 and 3 and APN services.
- Technical validation of new customer IP orders.
- IP network Design & planning
- BoQ preparations & validation for IP solutions
- Preparing RFP & Technical specifications for IP solutions
- Technical point of contact for Service Delivery, Sales Engineering, Project Management and Field Engineering teams for issues related to IP service design, implementation, test and turn up.
- Migration of IP customer services, in cooperation with customer and field services teams.
- Prompt identification of issues which may impact delivery timescales or quality. Interfacing with enterprise customers to understand their requirements and preparations of customized technical solutions.
- Project Plan preparations, progress monitoring and tracking
- Pro-active escalation, follow-through and liaison with appropriate departments to resolve technical issues which may impact delivery timescales or quality.
- Creation of contingency plans to minimize such issues.
- Support in Managing & interacting with chosen Intentional ISPs & carriers
- Interacting with partners and Vendors in relation to IP related issues – Ericsson, Huawei, Aviat, Cisco etc.
- Routers, switches, aggregators & protocols
- IP networks MPLS & Internet
- Bandwidth & capacity management
- IP Address management
- Various interfaces
- Various enterprise IP products – Internet, APN, Voice & Video conference, etc.
- Management Network / DCN
- Handling & managing partners / vendors
- Should have knowledge of local geography & customers