Security Specialist at The World Bank
Posted on: 21 February, 2012
Deadline: 2 March, 2012
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at World Bank
The World Bank Office in Nigeria seeks applications for the position of Security Specialist to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
The position of Security Specialist - Country (SSC) will be established in the World Bank Group's Country Office in Ahuja, Nigeria. The incumbent will also provide security support to the
Intemational Finance Corporation (IFC) Country Office in Lagos. The incumbent will serve in a full time capacity and on-call for emergencies. While reporting to the GSDCS Senior Security Specialist
(SSS) for Africa, the sse will discharge his/her assignment under the direct authority and guidance of the Security Specialist Region (SSR) for West Africa (Anglophone) based out of Lagos and the Country Director in Abuja. Operational support, direction and technical supervision will be provided by the SSS - Africa, SSR - West Africa (Anglophone). the Global Security Specialist and the Head of
Global Security, World Bank Corporate Security. From time-to-time there may be a requirement to provide security coverage in other countries in which the WBG operates.
Duties and Accountabilities
a. SECURITY MANAGEMENT-
i. Assist the Country Director in developing and overseeing the day-to-day conduct of the office security program, ensuring preparation of adequate responses to security incidents, natural and man-made disasters.
ii. Develop and maintain a self sustaining security program to offer extended security services to staff. Components of this program include a 24-hour service for all bank staff such as mobile response for criminal activity and motor vehicle accidents.
iii. Provide technical security advice. in consultation with the SSS/SSR and Corporate Security, for the existing and any potential new office including site selection and the establishment of effective physical and procedural security measures.
iv. Liaise with the contracted guard company and host governmeut office regarding the guard services provided to the country office and the residences of international staff members.
v. Provide Visiting Missions with advance practical security advice and contact information, arrival briefing specific to their mission and communications and logistical support for field missions. Ensure a viable system is in place to track. note arrival/departure/residence changes, and coordinate with UN-DSS and the Watch Office.
CRISIS MANAGEMENT -
i. Coordinate revisions of the Emergency Response and Business Continuity Plan (ERBCP) on a bi- annual basis or more frequently as required or directed.
ii. Serve as advisor to, and conduct training for, the Country Office Emergency Management Team.
iii. Maintain and update as necessary all country office contingency planning material, reference documents and annexes.
iv. Organize periodic table top exercises to test the ER&BC Plan.
v. Maintain and periodically test the staff telephone tree and warden system.
I. As required. accompany WHO staff on identified high risk movements to provide hands on security management and reduce the risk for injury or attack. Constantly assess the immediate surroundings as a gauge to evaluate the level of assistance required to provide effective security support of the mission.
ii. Initiate emergency response actions in the event of an emergency or a direct or indirect threat to the senior official. Take proactive measures to prevent involvement in such activities, and perform reactively to avoid/escape from those in progress.
iii. Arrange special police protective services support for staff receiving threats due to their Bank related duties or such support that may be required for visiting missions.
iv. Conduct site advances for visiting senior officials of the Bank, visiting missions and conferences.
• Masters degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent education in specialized technical training, specific skills or technologies is preferred.
• 5 years experience with a law enforcement, military, intelligence. public or private security organization.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with executives, managers. staff, government, military and law enforcement officials,
• In-depth knowledge of the institutional and socio-cultural dynamics that determine the security and business continuity challenges in Nigeria, including proven expertise in handling security events with durable positive outcomes.
• Demonstrated experience with operational planning to include physical security project management and staff travel coordination/monitoring.
• Ability to develop detailed security advisories and notifications for consideration and implementation by the Country Management team.
• Excellent computer skills and familiarity with standard computer packages. Conversant with Microsoft office packages - Word, Excel and Power point and the ability to effectively use email and maintain other date bases.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications online at www.worldbank.org/jobs before close of business on March 2. 2012. Once on the site
Click on > employment opportunities> professional/ technical staff opportunities> job number # 120328.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. PAPER APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about World BankSimilar Jobs
- Managing Director At A Leading Microfinance Bank - TheJobMag Limited
- Finance and Admin Manager at PML Advisory Limited
- Job Openings at a Microfinance Bank - Staffline Consulting Limited
- Human Resource Manager at Credit Business Services Global Limited (CBS Credit)
- Job Vacancies at Eagle International Resource
- Customer Service Officer Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Ongoing Nationwide Graduate Recruitment at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Accounting Vacancy at Lovonus Microfinance Bank