- Support the Engineering Team for all Piping related functions.
- Provide in-house Man-Hour estimates for Piping.
- Review engineering Contractors Cost, Time, Resources (CTRs).
- Attend Progress Meetings.
- Identify all necessary Technical Codes and Standards and ensure that they are incorporated in both Contractor and in-house designs and reports.
- Work with engineering Contractors to provide complete and accurate designs and reports.
- Review Contractor and Vendor designs and reports.
- Provide support to all purchase activities and evaluate all vendor submittals.
- Provide assistance to Project Engineers (PEs) and recommend improvements to designs.
- Provide in-house designs and reports for small projects.
- Provide engineering solutions.
- Provide commissioning and construction support.
- Answer Piping related Requests for Information (RFI's).
- Attend monthly Safety Meetings.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent educational background.
- Extensive working experience in an oil and gas company and familiar with FEED/DED and EPC work process.
- Should have knowledge of engineering and design phases, from conceptual design to construction.
- Must have good knowledge of piping codes and standards (ASME, ASTM, API, ANSI, etc).
- Designing piping lines in new areas on the basis of P&ID's, Equipment Plot Plan, Piping Line Lists, Piping Material Specifications, Equipment Drawings, Civil/Structural Drawings, General Specifications and other documents
- Drafting, PDMS/PDS, AutoCAD and Bentley V8i AutoPLANT.
- Ability to work in dual units (English & SI)
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite Applications (Access, Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook), Networking Applications, Windows/ NT Operating Systems, Adobe Professional Suite, Database usage / manipulation, AutoCAD and web based applications.
- Caesar II Stress Analysis experience.
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training (BOSIET) certification will be advantageous but is not a requirement
- 3D Modelling (PDMS) additional requirements
- Hands on user with extensive experience
- Administration Capabilities (A Plus)
- Specification creation
- PDMS Rights,
- MDS (Multi Discipline Support)
- Basic IT Knowledge
- Project Setup
- Analysis of PDMS failures
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 903719.
- Consultant name: Neil Grant
- Company: Orion Group