If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate about their lives as they are about their work.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus.
- As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects.
- You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle.
- This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders.
- Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
- At Google, we're passionate about the intersection of internet platforms, connected devices, content distribution, and Education.
- Our team's mission is to create and support an integrated vision that injects all of the technical and cost advantages of thoughtful ICT into diverse classrooms around the globe.
- As a Program Manager within the Google for Education team, you will lead efforts to design, communicate, and iterate a unified vision to meet these diverse needs.
- Expect to take a leading role in solutions definition and architecture as we bring platforms, connected devices and digital content to impact Education around the world.
- Support a range of educational institutions or agencies in developing plans to improve network infrastructure, integration of ICT technology, and the deployment of Google solutions.
- Architect and manage the deployment of integrated solutions for education and industry, including Google and third-party systems.
- Support and drive engagements as needed with educational institutions, governments and technology partners.
- Lead program management initiatives across the team. Participate in projects that help scale the group; implement best practices and improve methodology.
- BA/B.Sc degree in a Technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Program management experience in the Sub-Saharan Africa region.
- Program management experience, including integration planning and solution architecture experience in the IT/Telecoms or ED-TECH space.
- Experience or familiarity in what it takes to deploy network infrastructure, systems integration, and/or cloud services for multi-user environments.
- Strong knowledge of basic technologies for campus networks and services (DNS, Web Services, TCP/IP, AAA, LMS, OpenID, LDAP etc.) and their cost-effective application to affect infrastructure development.
- Ability to think both strategically and execute tactically within a globally distributed team, while managing relationships with customers, partners, and cross-functional teams inside Google, and ability or familiarity in following emerging technologies, pedagogical trends, ICT cost factors, and their relevance in a diverse Education market.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.