We are a recruitment & HR consultancy company, providing a wide range of recruitment and selection services to local and international companies in Africa. Our Team of dedicated consultants offers businesses to get the right and best talent across wide range of sectors and professions.
As the Head of Agent Network Sales you will be responsible for leading one of three business units. A core part of the organization’s business is the build out of physical retail points that use our payments platform – we refer to this as our agent network. The agents are independent retailers and offer services delivered by the organization to their community and/or use the organization’s system to accept payments for their goods/services sold.
In this role you will be responsible for providing leadership to the agent network sales team and responsible for revenue targets from the agent network. You will be responsible for operational oversight, strategy definition and execution, and the development of policies & procedures to ensure sound financial management of the agent network.
To be successful you will need to be comfortable spending significant time in the field motivating the team and agents, and driving both to exceed set targets. You must be someone with a strong ability to influence and work collaboratively with teams that do not report into you. The ideal candidate must have a clearly-demonstrated track record in channel recruiting and mangement, and should have produced meaningful sales revenues at a fast moving consumer goods company or similar. The candidate must also have demonstrated skills in driving volumes through a channel, relationship building, monitoring and evaluating results to devise strategies. The candidate must also have demonstrated an ability to motivate a team, provide mentorship, and understand how to grow sales staff. You will also need to be someone who cares about others, relatable, trustworthy, takes initiative, calm under pressure, and have great communication skills – verbal, non-verbal, and written
- · Leading the agent network business unit
- · Responsible for providing the strategic planning and leadership to the unit by ensuring that the appropriate structures, systems, and competencies and sales values are developed to exceed revenue targets
- · Responsible for the creation of annual targets, budgeting, and managing the P&L of the business unit in, all in partnership with the finance team
- · Build a high performance team with a regular cadence of sales meetings to drive performance
- · Develop our sales talent, motivate and build team
- · Actively engage our agent network to build relationships with our team and agents and ensure the organization is the best place to work and best network to be an agent.
- · Prepare weekly, monthly, and annual management reports outlining performance of the agent network
- · Drive collaboration with cross functional teams who support the activities of the agent network (Marketing, Product Innovation, Customer Service, Finance etc.)
- · Lead the creation and execution of commission structures for our agent network and loyalty programs
Qualification and Experience:
- · Strong ability to motivate, influence and advice people
- · Strong planning and organizational skills
- · Good understanding of Nigerian market, consumer preferences and trends
- · Attention to detail
- · Initiative and curiosity
- · Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- · Good judgment and decision-making ability
- · Conflict resolution
- · Excellent communication skills – verbal, non-verbal and written
Knowledge and Skill Requirement
- · Bachelor’s degree required
- · At least 7 years relevant experience in sales within a FMCG with at least regional management experience
- · Must be able to work in a high-velocity, high performance environment.
- · Must be able to develop and communicate competitive landscape analysis
- · Experience implementing sales processes and compensation plans
- · Ability to lead cross functional teams
- · A detailed understanding of the wholesale and retail distribution marketplace, including their potential customers, partner suppliers, and competitors. Also of what motivates and drives Nigerian retailers
- · Good grasp and understanding of financial reports with the ability to glean insights and create actionable plans
- · Experience creating, and implementing distributor processes and compensation plans
- · Drive channel satisfaction improvement
- · Strategic thinking skills
- · Excellent Interpersonal skills
- · Empathy
go to method of application »
Risk Process Coordination
- liaise with teams to collate all identified risk
- champion team operational risk reviews and closure
- Monitoring implementation of action plans
- Provide monthly report on operational risk.
Security & Risk Initiative coordination
- Assist in coordinating all security and risk initiatives, such as PCIDSS, ISO 27001 and all other certifications.
- Monitor internal & agent networks compliance to company operational policies, and regulatory policies, e.g. AML
- Proactively monitor and review account and transaction data for suspicious activity and possible fraud.
- Review, investigate and resolve irregular transactions reported.
- Identify business areas requiring increased security controls to protect an organization and its end users from future incidents of fraud.
- Keep detailed records of suspicious activity, analyze trends, communicate security threats to management and provide recommendations for loss mitigation as needed.
- Respond to fraud queries across the multiple channels
- Liaise with internal teams, merchants, banks, transaction processors, regulatory bodies, law enforcement and any 3rd party involved.
- Other roles as assigned by management
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of a 2:1 in an analytical field such as engineering, finance, computer science, mathematics, economics, etc
- At least 1 year work experience
- Knowledgeable in technology
- Knowledge of risk management and auditing.
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.