If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients and our people. If you're ready for a career with a dynamic organisation in an environment that fosters professional development and career advancement, you're ready for Deloitte. With 210,000 people in over 150 countries, Deloitte member firms serve more than 80 percent of the world's largest companies as well as large national enterprises, public institutions and successful fast-growing companies.
The GRC Unit is involved in Governance, Risk and Compliance projects, primarily for the FSI sector. Other sectors are also served. New opportunities exist for Associate, Consultant and Senior Consultant levels.
The successful candidate at the Senior Consultant Level is expected to be involved in:
- Identifying business opportunities and development
- Leading and being involved in projects as well as project management
- Actively involved in the eminence building activities of the unit development
- Involved in research , knowledge development and development of other staff
The key skill areas for the job are : Basel II/III consulting; risk modeling; corporate governance; compliance; research and presentation.
Candidates must demonstrate high intellectual ability, strong analytical skills, high energy and professional integrity. A flexible, team oriented individual with exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills will excel.
- First degree in economics, finance, accounting, mathematics or quantitative subjects. Master’s degree in finance with specialization in risk management including modelling will be an advantage.
- Experience from working with reputable consulting firm or financial institutions in risk management, governance and compliance.
- Good understanding and hands-on experience in design and implementation of Basel II / III , COSO and other risk frameworks in major banks and financial institution, including regulators
- Relevant certifications and training in risk management, Basel II and modelling such as CFA, FRM will be desirable.
- General Microsoft office skills. Knowledge of packages for risk modelling, and risk management solutions will be an advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in design and implementing Basel II risk framework with a reputable professional service firm.
- Banking experience of at least 3 years in risk management areas will be an advantage.
- Specialization in at least one of the key risk areas of credit, market and operational risk.
- Attributes: self ‑starter;
go to method of application »
- Well organised with experience of project management. Strong demonstrated ability to lead teams of skilled analysts
- Fast learner with a willing attitude, strong analytical skills and a passion for data
- Proven experience in data management field; e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SSIS or other BI/ETL package (e.g. Warehouse Builder, Business Objects)
- Some programming experience (e.g. C# or VB.Net, Python, Java )
- Proven experience in at least one advanced data analysis discipline: e.g., SAS, R, TIBCO S+, Polyanalyst, Matlab, SPSS
- Experience with big data analytics platforms such as Palantir or Splunk would be an advantage
- Willingness to travel Supporting client engagement work in a variety of industries, areas and specialisms
- Assisting in the scoping and delivery of analytical projects
- Leading the design and delivery of innovative solutions using latest open source and proprietary technologies to meet client needs
- Skill sets, including the following:
- Data ETL, modelling and analysis
- Data mining
- Descriptive and predictive modelling
- Business analytics & dashboard development
- Experience with R, Python, SQL, SAS, Hadoop (or similar)
- Candidates must demonstrate high intellectual ability, strong analytical skills, high energy and professional integrity. A flexible, team oriented individual with exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills will excel.
- Minimum of a 2.1 Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5+ years consulting/and or industry experience or an MBA with 3+ years relevant work experience.
- Ability to travel 100% required.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.