Created in 1833, Lafarge group, headquartered in France, is the world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in three of its activities: No 1 worldwide in Cement, No 2 worldwide in Aggregates & Concrete, and No 3 worldwide in Gypsum.
Located in 62 countries with 64,000 employees, Lafarge is a world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in its Cement, Aggregates & Concrete businesses. In 2013, Lafarge posted sales of 15.1 billion euros.
Business Unit WAPCO Operations
Job Type Permanent
Location - Country Nigeria
Location - Town / City Ewekoro
• Responsible for routine and schedule maintenance of all instruments and automation equipment.
• Monitor and report spare availability and consumption pattern to sectional Engineer to avoid nil-stock position for all spare parts.
• Carry out minor modification to support production process and recommend replacement for obsolete spares.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Responsible for personal safety and safety of colleagues. Carry out risk assessment of all jobs with appropriate documentation.
2. Read reports and update self on status on the plant in terms of safety & operations
3. Attend to Radio calls to solve instrument related problems on-running maintenance issues on production process & related issues-
4. Install, program, maintain and carry out repairs on Instruments & equipment to ensure reliability of data and process optimisation.
5. Carryout first level and specific inspection as schedule in the Work-Order system; respecting Safety of equipment and people in the plant.-
6. Carry out periodic calibration/validation/verification as per schedule or as required enhancing equipment performance and document results.
7. Participate in annual shutdown maintenance activities and keep records of activities including shutdown evaluation reports.
8. Write complete report of activities at the end of each day.
9. Monitor the usage of Instrumentation /Automation spares to avoid a nil stock situation and give information on it to the Sectional Engineer.
Essential & Desirable Skills
• Basic knowledge of Burning and Grinding Process
• Good working knowledge of Computer and Information Technology.
• Specific working knowledge of Instrumentation and Process Control Technology.
• Specific working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers.
• Ability to keep abreast of the developments in technology.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Must have a high level of good inter-personal relationship.
• Must have a logical and analytical mind.
• Ability to work in teams.
The Purpose of the position is-
• Organizing and coordinating the Shift team to produce good quality product taking into cognizance safety, efficiency, effectiveness, quality and cost per tonne.
• Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the production plants.
Duties & Responsibilities
The position is responsible for the following main activities-
• Taking a lead in the enforcement of Lafarge safety rules and guidelines through Visible Felt Leadership (VFL) while ensuring adherence by his team.
• Monitoring the operations and optimizing all aspects of raw mill systems, kiln systems, and finish mill systems in compliance with Company quality standards and requirements.
• Coordinating the activities of all services departments directed at keeping the production plants in good operating condition.
• Following operational procedures (SOPs) in the execution of all tasks in the plant.
• Carrying out equipment energy isolation according to LOTOTO procedure.
• Managing the day-to-day running of the plant, on shift basis, respecting the KPIs through setting of priorities and direction to plant shift team.
• Coordinating activities of the maintenance team on night shift and managing the call out procedure when required.
• Participating in the planning and organization of short and long term plant stoppages.
• Ensuring production activities comply with group environmental standards and maintain good housekeeping.
Essential & Desirable Skills BSc/HND in an Engineering Discipline
• Good knowledge of cement manufacturing process.
• Good knowledge of product quality parameters and quality control tests.
• Good knowledge of computer aided systems for kiln and mill operation.
• Good knowledge of quality management systems (ISO 9002)
• Project management skills
• Planning skills.
• Good interpersonal relationship
• Team leadership skill
• Good aptitude for organization and communication
• Result oriented with high decision making capacity/ self confidence
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should use links below to apply