FINCA is recruiting for an experienced, motivated and hands-on HR Generalist (HRG) to join FINCA’s start-up microfinance bank in Nigeria. This is a middle manager position with a direct reporting line to the Human Resource Manager (HRM) or as may be assigned, and is responsible in the high level support for the business growth in terms of Recruitment & Selection – Talent Management, Compensation & Benefits, Performance management, Organizational Development, Regulatory Management, Training & Development and Policy & Procedures Development.
The HR Generalist (HRG) is responsible in developing, directing, managing and maintaining innovative, best-practice, effective and forward-looking Human Resource strategies, practices, protocols and procedures, which are aligned with the Network HR objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Design and Implementation of Human Resource Systems, Policies and Procedures
• Develop HR policies, systems, and procedures, including regular reviews and updates of the Personnel Manual.
• On ongoing basis, oversee all HR systems, policies and procedures to ensure alignment with organizational objectives, and with other systems, policies, and procedures, as well as to ensure compliance by all staff members.
• Communicate human resource policies and procedures to all staff, and guide/facilitate the implementation of new/revised systems through continuous interaction with line managers and other staff members.
• In collaboration with the senior management team, establish and oversee processes that prevent internal conflicts among staff members and departments, and that facilitate resolution of conflicts when they occur.
• Make ongoing recommendations to the senior management team for strengthening organizational learning, knowledge management, and change management in support of strategic objectives.
• Review and advise senior management on annual staffing plans as part of annual operating planning process to ensure alignment with outreach performance goals, branch expansion plans, institutional development/transformation requirements, and other needs.
• In collaboration with line managers, develop and update annual staffing/recruitment plans
• Design and implement recruiting, selection and orientation procedures.
• Manage the company-wide recruitment and hiring processes, including both internal and external recruitment processes, in accordance with established policies, and ensure that recruitment processes are completed in a timely manner.
• Establish partnerships with local recruitment agencies, universities, and other institutions as applicable to source future employees.
• Participate on FINCA’s behalf at career fairs and other events, as applicable.
• Design and oversee the FINCA internship program to develop new talent.
• Implement and manage the performance evaluation system to ensure that all employees receive a timely evaluation.
• Track when performance evaluations are due, notify managers and provide them with the necessary documents to complete the evaluation. Review completed evaluations to ensure that policy was followed and that all documentation is complete. Present the summary of all Staff evaluation to the Management Board.
• Advise line managers on best practices in application of the Performance Management System, particularly the aspect of employee appraisal and performance feedback.
• In collaboration with senior management, introduce new tools, as applicable, to improve performance feedback for employees and managers.
• Using the performance appraisal outcomes, collaborate with Managers to identify employee training and career development opportunities and coaching / mentoring needs.
• Review the outputs of the employee appraisal process, identifying key issues and trends, and prepare consolidated reports for senior management.
Compensation Administration / Rewards Management
• Maintain and update on an ongoing basis the company salary matrix in consultation with company management team.
• Research and ensure that salaries are competitive for all positions.
• Oversee employee benefits administration, ensuring that providers deliver quality services to employees.
• Ensure that systems are in place to collect feedback on employee benefits and to answer questions from employees on the benefits program.
• Design benefit programs that comply with local labor law, are competitive and meet employee needs.
• Work with Senior Management in designing and implementing competitive incentive programs for key positions.
• Work with management in preparing salary increases in accordance to the Budget.
• Ensure proper maintenance and updating of all company personnel files at all offices.
• Ensure complete confidentiality of employee files.
• Manage and maintain the personnel database system (HRIS) including the input of changes in position or salary and training.
• Provide reports to management as needed.
To ensure that all the HR Report are 100% accurate and submitted on time. (Weekly Report, Monthly Report, Mapped Report, HR Board Report and Presentation and all Regional and Global HR Report.
Training & Development
• Ensure proper training of Managers& Staff on all human resource policies and processes.
• Ensure proper orientation training is provided to all new staff members to maximize efficient integration.
• In collaboration with senior management, based on training needs assessments, create and execute annual training plans to support the needs of the institution.
• Identify training providers, including both internal and external sources.
• Ensure training plans and training delivery meet company standards.
• Assist in developing training content and materials.
• Assist management team in delivering training. Coordinate and work with any external company trainers, manage all logistics of training.
• Develop mechanisms within the Performance Management System for measuring effectiveness of the different training initiatives. Report results to senior management, making recommendations for continuous improvement of the training program.
Department Planning & Development
• Develop human resources strategic plan that matches the operational and financial projections and that anticipates staff qualifications and needs required for transformation to a regulated financial institution.
• Hire, train and manage all Human Resources Department staff.
• Develop the Human Resources Department as a service provider to other departments and units.
The HR Generalist will to take a proactive and persistent approach to implement and sustain culture of service excellence within the company, reinforce the brand values and mission. The HR Generalist will provide the setting and tone by ensuring employees and customers concerns are duly noted and adequately addressed; resulting into improved employee loyalty, responsibility and pride at the workplace.
Specifically, Human Resources will play a critical role in:
Qualifications and Experience:
Leading with integrity - Reinforces our values through daily behaviour and holds others accountable to ethical behavior
Employee engagement - Maintains a fulfilling work environment and engages staff based on their strengths. Mentors others to develop their skills and provides feedback on performance regularly.
Responsible for results - Takes responsibility for own actions and manages others to focus on key priorities.
Recruitment and staffing - Makes quality hiring decisions; Forecasts staffing needs accurately; Follows Company hiring process
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Financial responsibility - Conserves organizational resources and works within budget guidelines.
To perform the job successfully, the candidate should demonstrate the following competencies and qualities:
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.