BBV Marketplace Ltd is a modern grocery retail company currently developing several multi-format grocery retail outlets in major cities around the country. With local expertise and international affiliations, BBV Marketplace is committed to providing the best shopping experience to customers from our modern supermarkets and convenience stores. We are dedicated to offering the widest variety of international and local brands and the highest standards of freshness and quality at affordable prices.
We are putting together a crack team of retail experts to lead the revolution in the grocery retail industry.
The Store Manager is responsible for managing/overseeing the proper and profitable running and sustained growth of the supermarket in line with the Company’s Standard of Operations (SOPs) and to ensure that the supermarket operates efficiently and effectively within the Company’s fiscal and operational guidelines
- § Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration or relevant field. MBA will be added advantage.
- § Minimum of five years post qualification experience in grocery retail operations management in a world-class supermarket chain.
- § Plans and directs the day-to-day operations of a grocery store.
- § Develops strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales, and increase profitability.
- § Ensures customer needs are met, complaints are resolved, and service is quick and efficient.
- § Ensures all products and displays are merchandised effectively to maximize sales and profitability.
- § Forecasts staffing needs and develops a recruiting strategy to provide optimal staffing in all areas.
- § Staff orientation, training, development and management
- § Team building and motivation
- § Institute and manage control systems within the supermarket to ensure that the company receives full value for its invested resources
- No more than 38 years old
- Willing to work weekends on a regular basis
- Willing to relocate
§ Willing to travel regularly
go to method of application »
The Retail Buyer is responsible for planning and selecting a range of products to sell in the supermarket ensuring the right product mix is available on time every time and at the right price to meet customer demand. The buyer will study and ensure to fully understanding customer needs so as to maximize profits and provide a commercially viable range of merchandise at competitive prices.
- § Analysing consumer buying patterns and predicting future trends
- § Sourcing, selecting and negotiating terms of contracts with suppliers towards maximizing sales and profits for the supermarket;
- § Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers for future products;
- § Regularly reviewing performance indicators, such as sales and discount levels
- § Managing plans for stock levels
- § Prices merchandise in line with corporate pricing strategies, maintaining competitiveness while maximizing sales and profit potential
- § Liaising with shop personnel to ensure supply meets demand;
- § Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration or relevant field.
- § Minimum of five years post qualification experience in grocery food and non-food category buying in a world-class retail store.
- § Must be familiar with a variety of the retail concepts, practices, and procedures.
- § Should have extensive supplier contacts
- § Strong financial and commercial skills
- § Proven track record of success at retail buying.
go to method of application »
The Head Human Resources is responsible for developing and implementing successful Human Resources strategies that support the long term growth and transformation of the organization.
- § Recruiting and staffing:- Ensure the company is properly staffed considering the core variables of cost, timing and skill set to enable it meet its organizational goals and objectives
- § Organizational departmental planning.
- § Performance management and improvement system:- Develop and implement a performance management system that aligns the corporate objectives across all levels in the organization.
- § Organization development.
- § Employee on boarding, development, needs assessment and training, policy development and documentation.
- § Employee relations: To facilitation company-wide communication and understanding of the company’s values through various HR Initiatives
- § Compensation and benefit administration.
- § Employee safety. welfare, wellness and health
- § Succession Planning: Develop and implement a succession plan for critical roles within the organisation
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any management related discipline but with specific preference for degrees in HR and/or Personnel Management, Industrial Relations, Sociology or related course- Required (Minimum of second class honours degree required). Professional membership in CIPM/CIPD/SHRM is essential.
- Must have at least five (5) years work experience in a similar HR role.
Method of Application
Do you fit the bill? If so do send us a short note with your resume attached to email@example.com telling us why you qualify for the positions.
Deadline for submission is 17 March 2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale