At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS:
The closing date for this role will be 27th February 2015.
- To develop the portfolio strategy and to maximise the long term profit flow from the portfolio of brands within it.
- Develop and execute marketing and business strategies and integrated programs that maximize profitable, recurring volume growth and increase the long-term value of TCCC brands within the portfolio. Provide Marketing leadership to the TCCC system for identifying, creating and prioritizing profitable volume opportunities for the TCCC brand portfolio.
- Responsible for Brand P&L (all brands in Portfolio), accountable for delivering UC, GP, DME and Brand Contribution goals, managing day-to-day, ensuring plan execution, implementing corrective/adjustment actions up/downside to maximize monthly operating income.
- Nurture an effective working relationship with business unit supporting service units and the Bottler and ensure proper field execution of marketing strategies.
- Lead, motivate and develop capabilities of the business unit Marketing Team and provide strategic marketing leadership and consultancy to regions (where applicable)
- Develop 3-year portfolio strategy; Communicate and drive Strategy across the Franchise ; Challenge all aspects of the marketing mix in terms of understanding and awareness of global, business unit and regional trends and their impact to local brands and subsequent plans; Manage Franchise portfolio as a business in terms of drivers, opportunities and return; Use financial insight to make principle based strategic decisions which benefit the Franchise; Define Portfolio Segmentation for the business unit; Approve Portfolio and Brand Strategies in line with agreed segmentation; Align strategy (with all key stakeholders, including bottlers) across the Business Unit to ensure value for the system; Guardian of the integrity of TCCC brands/trademarks. (25%)
- Deliver results – Develop and manage team structure to support strategic direction; Establish and drive volume, share, and profit objectives; Anticipate situations and develop approaches that maximise the business opportunities; Integrate all marketing efforts (advertising, promotions, experiential, marketing assets…) within a consistent overall brand/Marketing plan, including Service Units; Define marketing DME requirements and proper allocation across the Marketing mix elements; Ensure global best practice is effectively communicated to manage risks and impact to the business; Actively observe and ensure adherence to quality standards across all initiatives across the business unit; Ensure advertising executions meet agreed success criteria across business unit; Provide support to Regions (where applicable) in implementation and planning. (45%)
- Build Bottler commitment to the annual Marketing plan covering consumer and operational marketing objectives; Develop with the Bottler, through marketing operations teams, an effective implementation plan for all marketing activities; Implement appropriate tracking procedures to ensure proper execution of these activities; Monitor plan execution in consistency with TCCC standards; Ensure seamless consumer marketing information flow within the system (from/to Bottler and within TCCC departments). (10%)
- Talent development – Conduct audit on marketing personnel against agreed role descriptions and competencies; Develop and manage succession plan within the structure; Build skills within the Team in all areas of the Marketing Mix. (20%)
FINANCIAL/ JOB SCOPE:
- Accountable for Brand P&L (all Brands) in portfolio across the Franchise
- Portfolio totals for: Unit cases, Gross Profit, DME, Brand Contribution across the Franchise
ORGANIZATION IMPACT/ INFLUENCE:
- Extensive High Level Strategic / Operational Interaction with: Business Unit President, SBU Marketing Director, Global Brand/Function Directors, SBU “specialist” roles, Marketing Operations Teams, Bottler senior managers
- Nature and Purpose of the Interaction: Develop and align marketing and business strategies and plans to deliver sustainable system profit growth.
- Direct Reports ( Position Titles, not names): Assistant Brand Managers, Senior Brand Managers
- Supporting Service: Commercial Finance Manager, Operations Marketing Teams, Knowledge and Insights Teams. Asset Teams, Advertising Teams, Media Teams
RELATED JOB REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Manage Portfolio Marketing Mix
- Monitors Development of Brand Essentials
- Manage Portfolio Commercial Mix
- Monitor Portfolio Communication Strategy
- Monitor New Brand Development Process
- Secure Bottler Integration
Leadership Behaviors: Leader of Others
- Drive Innovation - Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation)
- Collaborate with the System, Customers and Key Stakeholders - Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- Act Like an Owner - Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- Inspire Others - Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- Develop Self and Other - Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential
10 years job experience, at least 5 years marketing in FMCG industry. Some General Business Management skills would be advisable.
Has worked most of his/her career in a collaborative working situation, in which different viewpoints from a range of stakeholders needed to be taken into account to arrive at a productive solution.
Fluent in English.
- Business issues (full spectrum) – all brands, markets in Franchise Category
- People issues (full spectrum)
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Significant travel may be required (depending on Franchise)
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale