If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS:
The closing date for this role will be 27th February 2015.
- To develop the portfolio strategy and to maximise the long term profit flow from the portfolio of brands within it.
- Develop and execute marketing and business strategies and integrated programs that maximize profitable, recurring volume growth and increase the long-term value of TCCC brands within the portfolio. Provide Marketing leadership to the TCCC system for identifying, creating and prioritizing profitable volume opportunities for the TCCC brand portfolio.
- Responsible for Brand P&L (all brands in Portfolio), accountable for delivering UC, GP, DME and Brand Contribution goals, managing day-to-day, ensuring plan execution, implementing corrective/adjustment actions up/downside to maximize monthly operating income.
- Nurture an effective working relationship with business unit supporting service units and the Bottler and ensure proper field execution of marketing strategies.
- Lead, motivate and develop capabilities of the business unit Marketing Team and provide strategic marketing leadership and consultancy to regions (where applicable)
- Develop 3-year portfolio strategy; Communicate and drive Strategy across the Franchise ; Challenge all aspects of the marketing mix in terms of understanding and awareness of global, business unit and regional trends and their impact to local brands and subsequent plans; Manage Franchise portfolio as a business in terms of drivers, opportunities and return; Use financial insight to make principle based strategic decisions which benefit the Franchise; Define Portfolio Segmentation for the business unit; Approve Portfolio and Brand Strategies in line with agreed segmentation; Align strategy (with all key stakeholders, including bottlers) across the Business Unit to ensure value for the system; Guardian of the integrity of TCCC brands/trademarks. (25%)
- Deliver results – Develop and manage team structure to support strategic direction; Establish and drive volume, share, and profit objectives; Anticipate situations and develop approaches that maximise the business opportunities; Integrate all marketing efforts (advertising, promotions, experiential, marketing assets…) within a consistent overall brand/Marketing plan, including Service Units; Define marketing DME requirements and proper allocation across the Marketing mix elements; Ensure global best practice is effectively communicated to manage risks and impact to the business; Actively observe and ensure adherence to quality standards across all initiatives across the business unit; Ensure advertising executions meet agreed success criteria across business unit; Provide support to Regions (where applicable) in implementation and planning. (45%)
- Build Bottler commitment to the annual Marketing plan covering consumer and operational marketing objectives; Develop with the Bottler, through marketing operations teams, an effective implementation plan for all marketing activities; Implement appropriate tracking procedures to ensure proper execution of these activities; Monitor plan execution in consistency with TCCC standards; Ensure seamless consumer marketing information flow within the system (from/to Bottler and within TCCC departments). (10%)
- Talent development – Conduct audit on marketing personnel against agreed role descriptions and competencies; Develop and manage succession plan within the structure; Build skills within the Team in all areas of the Marketing Mix. (20%)
FINANCIAL/ JOB SCOPE:
- Accountable for Brand P&L (all Brands) in portfolio across the Franchise
- Portfolio totals for: Unit cases, Gross Profit, DME, Brand Contribution across the Franchise
ORGANIZATION IMPACT/ INFLUENCE:
- Extensive High Level Strategic / Operational Interaction with: Business Unit President, SBU Marketing Director, Global Brand/Function Directors, SBU “specialist” roles, Marketing Operations Teams, Bottler senior managers
- Nature and Purpose of the Interaction: Develop and align marketing and business strategies and plans to deliver sustainable system profit growth.
- Direct Reports ( Position Titles, not names): Assistant Brand Managers, Senior Brand Managers
- Supporting Service: Commercial Finance Manager, Operations Marketing Teams, Knowledge and Insights Teams. Asset Teams, Advertising Teams, Media Teams
RELATED JOB REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Manage Portfolio Marketing Mix
- Monitors Development of Brand Essentials
- Manage Portfolio Commercial Mix
- Monitor Portfolio Communication Strategy
- Monitor New Brand Development Process
- Secure Bottler Integration
Leadership Behaviors: Leader of Others
- Drive Innovation - Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation)
- Collaborate with the System, Customers and Key Stakeholders - Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- Act Like an Owner - Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- Inspire Others - Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- Develop Self and Other - Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential
10 years job experience, at least 5 years marketing in FMCG industry. Some General Business Management skills would be advisable.
Has worked most of his/her career in a collaborative working situation, in which different viewpoints from a range of stakeholders needed to be taken into account to arrive at a productive solution.
Fluent in English.
- Business issues (full spectrum) – all brands, markets in Franchise Category
- People issues (full spectrum)
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Significant travel may be required (depending on Franchise)
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.