Discharge roles and responsibilities in the Heavy industries and Telecoms sectors covering the identification/origination, evaluation, execution, monitoring of investments in these sectors.
- Develop strategy and objectives for the Heavy industries & Telecoms unit in consultation with the Chief Investment Officer.
- Build the deal pipeline by identifying new investment opportunities in diverse geographies within Africa and across the Corporation’s core sectors.
- Provide ongoing support and hands-on strategic and technical/tactical guidance to deal teams in support of deal execution and provide high level deal intervention when necessary.
- Oversee all pre and post Heavy Industries and Telecoms related initiatives within the Corporation.
- Keep abreast of external and internal trends/developments relevant to Heavy Industries and Telecoms investments and apply knowledge of such trends/ developments appropriately.
Standards & Compliance
- Supervise the entire deal execution process from due diligence, structuring, negotiation, execution through to monitoring and closing.
- Lead the development and updating of standard documentation such as term sheets, and investment monitoring reports covering compliance, performance, risk and attribution.
Execution & Value Creation
- Contribute specialist knowledge during all phases of Investment product development and management activities for the Heavy Industries and Telecoms sectors.
- Monitor investment portfolio, recommend and implement strategies for value addition as well as report portfolio performance to senior management.
- Develop and execute exit strategies for deals, if required.
- Ensure appropriate staffing of transactions.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients/portfolio companies, investors and other key stakeholders.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure that all investment activities within the Heavy Industries and Telecoms sectors are in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Develop, coach and mentor investment staff including managing performance (timely appraisals, feedback and continuous improvement)
- Involvement in the recruitment of new staff and providing assistance with the identification of training requirements and assuring the implementation of staff learning plans.
Involvement in the recruitment of new staff and providing assistance with the identification of training requirements and assuring the implementation of staff learning plans.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong business networks across Africa
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent knowledge of Accounting/ financial analysis
- Excellent financial modelling and valuation skills
- In-depth knowledge of the Heavy Industries and/or Telecoms industries.
- In-depth knowledge of infrastructure investment structuring
- In-depth knowledge of transaction execution
- Superior business communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- 15 years cognate and deep experience in deal structuring and syndications
- Track record of successfully leading, closing and managing investments in Heavy Industries and/ or Telecoms sectors
- Relevant advanced degree e.g. Masters Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or a related field
- Appropriate financial certification such as CFA, etc is desirable
- Operational experience relating to Infrastructure related deals will be an added advantage.