Stanbic IBTC is an end-to-end financial services provider. We aim to help you manage and grow your money by providing relevant information and services. We commit to help you move from where you are to where you want to be.
Please visit www.stanbicibtc.com for more information on all our services. We are on Twitter as @StanbicIBTC and on Facebook www.facebook.com/stanbicibtc
Our pensions business, Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers (www.stanbicibtcpension.com) is a licensed Pension Fund Administrator (PFA) delivering quality pension fund administration and management services to both private and public sector employees covered by the Nigerian Pension Reform Act 2004.
We are easily accessible at over 200 locations nationwide. For further enquiries on how to select Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers Limited as your PFA, please contact Nike Bajomo on 01 2801255 (extension 1113).
Main Purpose of the Job
• To assist Retail Bank in achieving their asset growth targets by providing effective value adding risk management, whilst maintaining a quality-lending book, through judicious and effective management thereof.
• The delivery of a professional service to the business units, by assessing and evaluating credit facilities (new and/or existing) based on sound credit & financial principles which supports the minimising of risk to the bank.
• Ensure the effective assessment of risk with respect to lending and related activities across all branches and suites.
• Evaluates whether Business Banking proposals meet sound business criteria and credit risk falls within acceptable parameters, approve and recommends appropriate credit facilities including terms or conditions of facilities.
• Ensure accuracy and reliability of approvals within advised DA, or referrals to higher authority, on business credit applications reviewed
• Identify, quantify and evaluate credit risks in relation to profitability of business proposals and financial viability of Business banking credits.
• Manage adherence to the service level agreement that have been concluded.
• Build relationship with Business Bankers and Branch managers to improve quality of business proposals and turnaround time on credit evaluations
• Detects and evaluate shifts or changes in key risk parameters and evaluate the implications of such changes on continued banking relationship.
• Actioning of the daily referral report and make decisions to pay or not based on the reason for excess and source of adjustment, the terms of sanction in existence and the risk to which the Bank is exposed.
• Issuing of sanction letters, clearly stating the conditions and requirements of the lending.
• Review of relevant internal & external communications, such as circulars, economic reviews on industries, & financial or industry publications to ensure that any development, new requirements or external risks are properly taken cognizance of in lending decisions or conditions of lending.
• Carry out other functions that could be assigned on daily basis in addition to present roles.
• Liaising with Legal department on credit related issues.
Key Dimensions of the job (to be completed in-country)
• Must be able to integrate specific deal analysis, counter-party analysis, and contextual risk analysis to identify and evaluate sources of risk and recommend risk mitigation actions / options.
• Solving job related problems within a broadly defined framework and policy. Required to be pro-active in forward thinking and sensitive to the impact the decision will have on the book. Should be able to generate solutions to job related problems.
• Evaluating the risks and benefits of each credit facility application and supporting information, taking into account broad industry risks, total bank exposure to specific industries, and the risk profile of the counterparty applying for credit.
• Effectively monitor performance of all facilities processed especially the personal HL portfolio through maintaining accurate records and hence meeting reporting requirements.
• Monitor developments in the industry and economy that would have an impact on the personal lending space and escalate observations as appropriate.
• Integrate learning’s from monitoring developments in the industry and economy generally into credit decisions and approval conditions.
• Plan daily routine such that TAT on credit reviews are consistently met, while not neglecting prompt responses to calls and inquiries via mails from branches.
• Approve/Recommend for approval, decline and rework decisions on all credit applications submitted
• Making judgment calls regarding the effectiveness of security/collateral offered, and setting appropriate risk parameters in respect of specific facility structures within which clients will need to operate to contain risk at acceptable levels.
• Taking decisions regarding appropriate corrective action in the management of increasing risk profiles, and counterparty failure to comply with credit agreements.
• Identifying industry trends and conditions that may threaten the value of security/collateral held, and managing appropriate corrective action in a way that is sensitive to the bank’s relationship with its clients, without unnecessarily compromising the bank’s security position.
To apply for this position, click here