If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Our client is a multinational engineering firm that provides operations and maintenance services to firms within the global cement industry
Mobile plant operators drive backhoes, bulldozers, excavators, front-end loaders, graders, scrapers, skid-steer loaders, rollers and forklift trucks to level, excavate, move and load earth, rock and other material.
Mobile plant operators work with heavy machinery used on construction sites and road works. The machinery includes 360 degree excavators, bulldozers and front-end loaders for moving earth; static tower cranes, mobile and rough terrain cranes for lifting and moving materials; and compactors such as rollers used for flattening out work areas. Operators also use forklifts to move or load building materials
- Prepare machines for operation
- Load and unload equipment from low loaders and move it around worksite
- Select, change and operate special attachments such as winches, scrub clearers, rippers, pile drivers and rock-breaking hammers
- Work from drawings and markers under the direction of supervisors and engineers
- Back-fill trenches
- Break up paving, rock and similar material by operating hydraulic or pneumatic breakers
- Excavate or scrape earth, rock or rubble to the correct level and alignment
- Load trucks with excavated fill
- Drive machines to and from worksites
- Service equipment by cleaning, lubricating and refueling it and make minor adjustments and repairs when necessary
- Maintain duty of care for other users and work to occupational health and safety requirements.
- The work conditions for mobile plant operators can be hot, muddy, dusty and noisy, but most earthmoving machines have soundproofed and air conditioned cabs for the operator.
- Enjoy practical and manual work
- Able to follow precise instructions
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job
- Good eyesight (may be corrected)
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Able to work without supervision.
- Apprenticeship/Trade Certificate, Diploma/Advanced Diploma or a relevant Tertiary Degree.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge in Surface Extraction Operations or Mobile Crane Operations
- Knowledge of Civil Construction Plant Operations
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates for this role should kindly an updated copy of their CV to email@example.com