Synapse Services is a “Center for Psychological Medicine”, based within the Abuja metropolis, that specializes in the provision of psychological and counseling services, inpatient facilities/treatment and rehabilitation services. We retain the services of a robust mixture of local and internationally trained staff that provide excellent, client focused services to treat all forms of disorders related to your mental health.
We are in the process of expanding our organization and are looking for exceptional, committed, innovative and highly motivated staff, willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to provide stellar services within a confidentiality driven service practice
Report to: Head, Admin/HR Department
Job Nature: Full Time
Salary Range: N50, 000 – N80, 000
RECRUITMENT/SELECTION: Monitor staffing levels, identify staff vacancies, anticipate future staffing requirements in line with strategic plans, recruit and select candidates.
1) Pre Recruitment: Develop and place job adverts; review and shortlist applicants; interview and select suitable candidate(s)
2) Post Recruitment:
a. Perform Reference Checks, Issue appointment letters, Develop job descriptions for all positions
b. Ensure for all recruitment exercises that reports are documented and filed
1) Collate staff for appraisal and inform unit heads, send form to staff and set date for review;
2) Communicate result to staff and implement decision made;
3) File relevant document that arise from the process;
4) Monitor and review the system of performance appraisal and continually develop as necessary, ensuring that monthly and annual appraisals are carried out in a timely manner and followed up.
1) Maintain payroll information: compute and collate all relevant information related to payroll on a monthly basis including but not limited to new employee list, absences, contract changes;
1) Maintain and update employee directory with any employee changes;
2) Compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates;
3) Ensure all staff matters, memos, queries, communications to and responses from staff are filed in staff files;
4) Ensure proper confidentiality and security of all HR documents;
5) Preparation and issuance of transfer letters, confirmations letters, termination letters, and all human resources related letters;
6) Manage leave system – records of Annual, sick and other leave entitlement of staff;
7) Compose and distribute routine written correspondences.
1) Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues;
2) Advise on pay and other issues, including promotion and benefits;
3) Prepare reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and employee turnover;
4) Develop and implement policies on a variety of workplace issues e.g. disciplinary procedures, absence management, working conditions, performance management, restructuring of services et cetera;
5) Ensure that managers and staff are aware of the policies and procedures and able to operate;
6) Establish and/or recommend salary ranges, offers, and compensation adjustments and monitor salary reports for equity, compression or other issues.
1) Manage grievances, ensures the relationship amongst staff is cordial and professional;
2) Deal with complex disciplinary/grievance and HR issues, using HR and company knowledge evidencing appropriate decision making skills;
3) Management of all individual personnel and workforce management action – perform difficult staffing duties - administering disciplinary procedures, terminations, demotions as necessary;
4) Help employee resolve work related issues, handle staff dispute and resolve conflict;
5) Act as focal point for all initial queries from staff regarding policies and procedures.
1) Experience with dealing with senior and sometimes challenging individuals
2) Experience in developing systems and processes for effective running of the Organisation
3) Ability to build rapport quickly
4) Strong understanding of the Nigeria Labour laws
5) Experience in liaising with External Stakeholders
6) Experience in preparing relevant management reports
7) Good experience in documentation, record keeping, data management etc.
Familiarity across the recruitment process, including induction at a senior level
9) Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral
10) Sound judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality
11) Experienced user of MS Excel, MS Word & power point
12) Well organized with strong time management skills
13) Knowledge of Principles, practices and techniques of human resources administration, organization and operation
14) Ability to lead, manage, direct and evaluate staff
15) Apply appropriate independent initiative, discretion, judgment and organizational skills to a variety of projects, assignments and situations
16) Flexibility to work longer hours and for 3 hrs on Saturday.
1) Education Advanced university degree or equivalent backgrounds, in Human Resources, Business Administration, International Relations, Social Sciences, Psychology or related areas
2) Must have a Master’s degree
3) Minimum of 3 years post NYSC relevant professional Experience in Human resources capacity
4) Language Proficiency Fluency in English
5) Must have over 3 years driving experience
6) Previous experience working in the health sector (Hospitial, Clinic or other health related facility) is an added advantage.
Interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit their application to the following email address: email@example.com, on or before the close of business on the 2nd of March 2015. Note: the subject of the email should be “Admin/Human Resources Officer” failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.