Our client is a multinational engineering firm that provides operations and maintenance services to firms within the global cement industry
Location: IBESE, Ogun State
Set up or repair rigging for construction projects, manufacturing plants, logging yards, ships and shipyards.
Signal or verbally direct workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads, in order to ensure safety of workers and materials.
Test rigging to ensure safety and reliability.
Attach loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving, using hand and power tools.
Select gear such as cables, pulleys, and winches, according to load weights and sizes, facilities, and work schedules.
Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chain falls, gin poles, gallows frames, and other equipment.
Tilt, dip, and turn suspended loads to maneuver over, under, and/or around obstacles, using multi-point suspension techniques.
Install ground rigging for yarding lines, attaching chokers to logs and then to the lines.
Align, level, and anchor machinery.
Fabricate, set up, and repair rigging, supporting structures, hoists, and pulling gear, using hand and power tools
Manipulate rigging lines, hoists, and pulling gear to move or support materials such as heavy equipment, ships, or theatrical sets.
Clean and dress machine surfaces and component parts.
Attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams, ceilings, and gin pole booms, using bolts and clamps.
Dismantle and store rigging equipment after use
Fabricate, set up, and repair rigging, supporting structures, hoists, and pulling gear, using hand and power tools.
- Handling andMoving Objects-- Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and movingmaterials, and manipulating things.
- ControllingMachines and Processes -- Using either control mechanisms or directphysical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers orvehicles).
- PerformingGeneral Physical Activities -- Performing physical activities that requireconsiderable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such asclimbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.Repairing andMaintaining Mechanical Equipment -- Servicing, repairing, adjusting, andtesting machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarilyon the basis of mechanical (not electronic) principles.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates -- Providing information tosupervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form,e-mail, or in person.
- InspectingEquipment, Structures, or Material -- Inspecting equipment, structures, ormaterials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Coordinating theWork and Activities of Others -- Getting members of a group to worktogether to accomplish tasks.
- GettingInformation-- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevantsources.
- OperatingVehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment -- Running, maneuvering,navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts,passenger vehicles, aircraft, or water craft.
- CriticalThinking—Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses ofalternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening —Giving fullattention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the pointsbeing made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriatetimes.
- Time Management — Managingone's own time and the time of others
- Operation andControl— Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessingperformance of oneself, other individuals, or organizations to makeimprovements or take corrective action.
- ExtentFlexibility -Theability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs
- Static Strength -The ability toexert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- Multi-limbCoordination-The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs,or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does notinvolve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion
- Manual Dexterity -The ability toquickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands tograsp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Arm-HandSteadiness-The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or whileholding your arm and hand in one position.
Knowledge,Experience, Education Required
- B.sc in Engineering or any related field.
- 3-4years experience
- Mechanical -Knowledge ofmachines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Public Safetyand Security-Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies topromote effective local, state, or national security operations for theprotection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Physics -Knowledge andprediction of physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, andapplications to understanding fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics, andmechanical, electrical, atomic and sub- atomic structures and processes.
Method of Application
Interestedand qualified candidates for this role should kindly forward updated copies of their CV's to email@example.com