Africapractice is a strategy and communications consultancy. We advise industry and governments, helping them to identify opportunity, manage risk and overcome critical communications challenges. We combine strategic communications with political risk analysis and advisory services.
Our clients are among the largest institutions, companies and investors on the African continent. We help them to manage complex relationships with demanding and critical audiences including regulators, media, capital markets, customers and suppliers.
Our clients have one thing in common – they each face significant challenges in competitive environments where the margin for error is small and where the opportunities are great. We support them to launch new services, acquire or restructure, raise capital or simply raise awareness and understanding.
africapractice has eight offices and a network of affiliated partners in a further eleven cities. We have worked in more than thirty five African countries.
We are seeking a talented Investor Relations Consultant to join our team in Lagos.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Lead the growth or our investor relations practice in Nigeria through a strong and structured business development drive and the continued high level servicing of key existing clients.
- Support our clients to effectively engage Nigerian, frontier and global emerging market fund managers and the local and international financial media in order to shape the debate on their share price, build a supportive base of shareholders and raise clients’ profiles in the financial and trade media
- Advise and support investor relations clients to deliver consistent and relevant communication collateral and activities to investors and the financial media.
- Integrate our investor relations services with our wider communications services
The position will cover three primary areas of responsibility:
- Manage assigned accounts effectively and profitably
- Regularly produce key research & Communications documents (investor announcements / press releases; advisory/briefing notes; reports and presentations; perception studies etc.)
- Deliver effective strategies to support positioning of client entities with investors, the production of investor communication and corporate communications collateral and participate in their implementation.
- Manage the day-to-day client handling and consultancy; be the main point of contact for clients, providing counsel and guidance
- Build and sustain relationships with key clients, investor community and financial media contacts
- Leverage current investor, analyst and financial media contacts and strong relationships across the investment community that trades African equities and bonds for day to day requirements, in crisis situations and for sensitive and complex assignments
- Ensure timely delivery of high quality work in line with agreed monitoring and evaluation frameworks
- Ensure delivery within budget and timely billing and collections on assigned accounts
- Play a key role in marketing and PR initiatives to generate new business leads in IR and financial communications and to cross sell other related africapractice services.
- Develop proposals,tenders, pitch presentations and write briefing notes
- Own and deliver against a business development target to be defined as part of your annual KPI’s
- Contribute to employee engagement and motivation
- Provide support and coaching to colleagues on best practice in client service and account management
- Help identify innovative ways to improve our tools
Qualifications and Specialist Skills
Do you want to join a dynamic and fast growing company? Please send us your CV, together with a cover letter specifying your availability, and send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Debbie Adeyemo, with the reference “Lagos IR Consultant”.