Join MTN Nigeria if you want to be part of a company that leads the delivery of a bold new digital world to its customers.
At MTN Nigeria, our people are our most critical competitive asset. We employ only the very best and invest in your growth and development.
If you are passionate about working for a brand that believes in the difference that people make and in delivering value to our customers, MTN Nigeria is the place for you.
Please take that bold step and apply for a suitable vacancy.
We’ll be delighted to welcome you to MTN Nigeria … a great place to work!
We’re proudly IIP certified.
Experience & Training
• Minimum 12 years experience, including minimum of 3 years at managerial level in a similar capacity in a first rate Telecommunications company
• Extensive project management experience
• Experience of new technology deployment in fixed mobile telecommunications environment.
• Good understanding of fixed and mobile network technologies (voice, data and internet), architecture.
• A sound understanding of the operation of MTN Project Methodology and CAPEX Processes
• Project Management Training, leading to PMP and or Prince II certification
• Technology Seminars/workshops
• Overseas OTJ training
• Management training
• Business Planning
• Financial Evaluations and business feasibility reporting
• Financial Management
• Negotiation, Pricing
• Support the Business Solutions Project Manager in project execution.
• Responsible for project execution (where applicable)
• Notify team members and all affected parties of changes in project schedule.
• Maintain project financial records (if required)
• To ensure constraints and dependencies are tracked as an intrinsic part of the planning process.
• To set up reporting mechanisms which align with the current reporting processes
• Develop the Project scope, problem statement and goal statement.
• Assist with Project delivery within budget (time and financial) and within defined quality criteria.
• Assist with project-planning in line with recommended tool sets.
• Enforce project plans’ conformity to planning guidelines.
• Co-ordinate input and maintains plans throughout project life cycle.
• Provide Project manager with up-to-date financial position on all projects.
• Provide stakeholders with up to date information on all projects (where applicable).
• Proactively escalate project risks (where applicable).
• Measure progress per project worker against weekly targets and deliverables.
• Manage agreed quality measures accordingly.
• Assist with project integration management.
• Assist with negotiating and managing supplier contracts and service level agreements.
• Assist with formal project success reviews.
• Document weekly reports or any other reports identified as relevant to the project.
• Organise and facilitate project meetings, sessions and workshops.
• Maintain project plan – update / adapt where necessary.
• Prepare and circulate project status update reports.
• Build relationships with suppliers and subcontractors
• Develop and enforce escalation procedure.
• Input into, monitor and execute SLAs.
• Keep abreast of business process changes and communicate these to team members.
• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
• Working in an open plan office
• Working 5 days per week with some late/early and weekend work
• A valid driver’s license
• A first degree in the Social sciences, Engineering, Communications or Project Management
• Formal Project Management certification & or training would be an advantage
• 4 yrs project management experience preferably in a telecommunications business environment/customer care & billing systems (CC&BS)/Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems environment
• Knowledge of measurement processes / methods for assessing progress toward goals and project outcomes
• An understanding of project management methods and practices, including methods of preparing designs, plans, specifications, estimates, reports and recommendations
• Project Management – PMP
• ITIL foundation
• Project planning and control
• Microsoft Project
• Business writing skills
• General management skills
• Presentation skills
• Report writing skills
• Effective time management
• Process mapping
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.