Opportunity in one of the World’s Largest Shipping Agency
Posted on: 7 November, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Adexen
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by one of the worlds’ largest shipping agency to recruit a manning manager for its operations in Nigeria
- Responsible for the operational performance of the manning department.
- Managing offshore crew with the assistance of Operations, Technical and Quality Managers.
- Provide guidance to the managers on operational efficiency improvements.
- Manage the recruitment, training and development of staff.
- Implement and follow up on company policies and procedures.
- Represent the best interests of the company in line with budget, legal requirements, strategy and objectives
- Maintain ties with suppliers, government and regulatory bodies.
- Identify areas of potential cost savings, set targets and control expenditure within operational activities.
- Maintaining personal, medical and training record and certification details of all personnel. Keeping all personnel files up-to date and Maintaining a computerized database which contains key personal data and assignment history of all personnel.
- Managing all aspects of seagoing personnel administration.
- Lead accountability for the department’s safe operation of its activities, in line with the law and HSSE requirements
- Any other duty assigned.
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- A postgraduate degree in MBA would be an added advantage
- Certification in CIPM, CIPD is an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 -10 years cognate experience as a manager in the maritime industry
- Knowledge about the Maritime Industry and good knowledge in Human Resources
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Conflict management
- Focused on goals
- Proactive and takes initiative
- Sound reasoning and judgment abilities
- Strong leadership skills
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Latest Recruitment at NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML)
- Fresh Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Fresh Vacancies at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)
- Jobs at DCSL Corporate Services Limited
- Procurement and Sourcing Analyst at Maersk Line
- Assistant Project Managers at a Global Shipping and Logistics Company - Fosad Consulting
- Professional Driver at Tekra Global Concepts Limited
- Jobs at Parcel Line Logistics