Opportunity in one of the World’s Largest Shipping Agency
Posted on: 7 November, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Adexen
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by one of the worlds’ largest shipping agency to recruit a manning manager for its operations in Nigeria
- Responsible for the operational performance of the manning department.
- Managing offshore crew with the assistance of Operations, Technical and Quality Managers.
- Provide guidance to the managers on operational efficiency improvements.
- Manage the recruitment, training and development of staff.
- Implement and follow up on company policies and procedures.
- Represent the best interests of the company in line with budget, legal requirements, strategy and objectives
- Maintain ties with suppliers, government and regulatory bodies.
- Identify areas of potential cost savings, set targets and control expenditure within operational activities.
- Maintaining personal, medical and training record and certification details of all personnel. Keeping all personnel files up-to date and Maintaining a computerized database which contains key personal data and assignment history of all personnel.
- Managing all aspects of seagoing personnel administration.
- Lead accountability for the department’s safe operation of its activities, in line with the law and HSSE requirements
- Any other duty assigned.
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- A postgraduate degree in MBA would be an added advantage
- Certification in CIPM, CIPD is an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 -10 years cognate experience as a manager in the maritime industry
- Knowledge about the Maritime Industry and good knowledge in Human Resources
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Conflict management
- Focused on goals
- Proactive and takes initiative
- Sound reasoning and judgment abilities
- Strong leadership skills
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Exciting Marketing Vacancy at Uber
- Logistics Roles at Inland Containers Nigeria Limited
- Jobs at Inland Containers Nigeria Limited
- Sales Career Opportunity at Maersk
- Dispatch Rider at HRLeverage Africa
- Customer Service Manager at a Freight Forwarding and Supply Chain Management Services -Stresert Services Limited
- SEO Associates at a Leading Transport and Logistics Company - AFM Recruit
- Financial Controller - Expatriate at a Leading Logistics Service Provider - Adexen Recruitment Agency