Jobs in an Independent Indigenous Bunker Trading Company
Posted on: 7 November, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Adexen
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by one of the independent indigenous Bunker trading company providing petroleum products and lubricants to hundreds of vessels and rig sites nationwide to recruit:
- Welcome visitors to the office; proactively handle admin tasks according to guidelines, ensure reception and office entrance is kept tidy.
- Provide customers with a brief explanation of the products and services the company offers.
- Have a good working knowledge of current and upcoming events in the organisation
- Uphold strong customer service standards for dress, greetings, phone calls, and expedient customer response.
- Screening calls as requested and routes them to the proper recipient, taking and relaying messages as needed.
- Oversees the distribution of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain security by becoming familiar with surroundings
- Read and become familiar with administrative procedures and resources contained in the companys’ handbook
- Ensure adequate stock of office supplies and consumables process and deliver mail to the right people.
- Ensure subscription of daily newspapers and process invoices
- Provide administrative support to team and any other duties as assigned
- A relevant tertiary qualification in social sciences or any related discipline
- 1-3 years experience in a similar role
- Fluent in English Language (written and spoken)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Good presentation and negotiation skills
- A well-organized individual, who is meticulous and able to plan and prioritize activities
- Ability to perform well under pressure would be suited for this role
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team
go to method of application »
- Increase and maintain customer intimacy through strategic business development, understanding customers’ needs and good client relationship management.
- Ensure policy consistency and develop performance measurement and business improvement particularly in respect of: Risk management, Ship/Shore Operations; Marine terminal vetting and audits; Fleet Incident Management.
- Measure and manage continuous Improvement in levels of vessel performance
- Carry out extensive market survey.
- Responsible for all the registrations and documentations of the company operations. Ensure compliance with appropriate business controls and self-appraisal of business processes.
- Add value through cost reduction, loss and risk management
- provide advice to fleet management on cargo requirements, tank cleaning, stability and stress and to maintain all statutory requirements for the vessel in the field
- Manage oversight of regulatory and environmental compliance of key contractors;
- Build and develop understanding and competence levels of fleet staff;
- Conduct safety audits to help build a positive safety culture that promotes learning and sharing;
- Support HSSE efforts in the accurate mapping of critical activities for marine interface operations;
- Ensure the development and implementation of a security policy system and process for fleet operations
- A good Bachelor’s degree
- Masters/Additional qualification is an added advantage
- Shipping professional Certifications are required.
- 8 years experience with 4 years within the shipping environment and at management level
- Experience of working for a local organization
- Strategic management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Corporate client management experience
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job title to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Web Developers at HMM Limited
- IT Specialist at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) - APM Terminals
- MO Solutions & Operations Manager at Bollore Transport Logistics
- Sales and Marketing Officers at Nation Delivery Nigeria Limited
- Superintendent, Stores at APM Terminals
- Logistics Officers at a Logistics Firm - Aldelia Group
- Purchasing Officer at APS Procurement Ltd
- General Manager, Finance and Accounting at APM Terminals