Edwin Drake is currently representing a leading African organization that specializes in providing non-technical support to the Oil & Gas, Mining and other industrial sectors. In light of their planned expansion in to Nigeria, they are now seeking to identify a Business Development executive who can drive their growth in the region and build the company’s presence.
As the Business Development Manager, you will be tasked with building a regional market share by locating, developing, defining, negotiating and closing business relationships with new clients.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible and accountable for commercial aspects of the business; this includes but is not limited to the following areas:
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Presenting the organization to potential clients through direct communication in face to face meetings, telephone calls and emails
- Public Relations – the Country Manager is responsible for public relations with the clients, client’s employees, visitors, suppliers, subcontractors and investors. Management is desirous to maintain a good relationship with its employees and this also needs to be taken into account.
Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in business Administration, Marketing or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform job duties may be considered.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS:
- Strong Sales and Business Development skills with proven negotiation successes.
- Creative visionary and able to be innovative
- Self-driven and results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Creative, self-motivated, proactive and confident
- Experience working with a multicultural and diverse team
- Knowledge computer skills, using office software such as Excel, Word and Power Point
- Trust worth and Ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential information
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale