Edwin Drake is currently representing a leading African organization that specializes in providing non-technical support to the Oil & Gas, Mining and other industrial sectors. In light of their planned expansion in to Nigeria, they are now seeking to identify a Business Development executive who can drive their growth in the region and build the company’s presence.
As the Business Development Manager, you will be tasked with building a regional market share by locating, developing, defining, negotiating and closing business relationships with new clients.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible and accountable for commercial aspects of the business; this includes but is not limited to the following areas:
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Presenting the organization to potential clients through direct communication in face to face meetings, telephone calls and emails
- Public Relations – the Country Manager is responsible for public relations with the clients, client’s employees, visitors, suppliers, subcontractors and investors. Management is desirous to maintain a good relationship with its employees and this also needs to be taken into account.
Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in business Administration, Marketing or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform job duties may be considered.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS:
- Strong Sales and Business Development skills with proven negotiation successes.
- Creative visionary and able to be innovative
- Self-driven and results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Creative, self-motivated, proactive and confident
- Experience working with a multicultural and diverse team
- Knowledge computer skills, using office software such as Excel, Word and Power Point
- Trust worth and Ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential information
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.