Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Stanbic IBTC Bank values original thinkers with genuine insight and the team commitment that will help our clients outperform the market. As Africa’s largest and most respected bank, our Global Markets division offers you an outstanding opportunity to rapidly develop your banking talents. You will work across a range of financial instruments, operating within very different markets and countries.
To grow the Bank’s personal risk assets portfolio responsibly by approving within assigned DA or referring as appropriate, within agreed TAT as specified in SLA, only credits for which inherent risks have been properly and accurately identified, assessed and mitigated, thus ensuring maintenance of a high quality risk asset portfolio.
• Ensure quality and timely (within TAT specified in SLA) evaluation of credit risks are made on personal credit applications reviewed.
• Ensure accuracy and reliability of approvals within advised DA, or referrals to higher authority, on personal credit applications reviewed.
• Add value to the credit approval process by guiding originators as appropriate to reduce reworks on applications to < 15%.
• Consistently approve and recommend appropriate terms and conditions for all personal credit applications treated and monitor compliance on all conditions/covenants recommended.
• Ensure completeness of documentation, reconfirming that appropriate verification of information and documentation has been carried out by the Verification Team, credit bureau & CBN CRMS status searches, full compliance with product parameters/lending policy guidelines/other governance requirements on all personal credits processed, and accuracy of application data captured on Finacle/PAS Standalone.
• Build excellent relationships with business colleagues to enhance quality of personal credit proposals and reduce incidences of return of applications.
• Champion first class service delivery to the branches and sales outlets by providing effective support, being easily accessible, being decisive, providing prompt courteous and adequate feedback on applications handled and other inquiries received.
• Monitor developments in the industry and economy to ensure that such new developments are taken into consideration in lending decisions or prescribing lending terms & conditions.
• Conduct 1-in-20 check review, Staff loans, Home Loans, OD, Term loans, Credit cards, UPL,VAF applications, SALAD, On-lending Group Schemes and CAMS applications while also working on all other types of personal credits as assigned.
• Carry out other functions that may be assigned from time to time by the Head, Personal Lending or Head, PBB Credit.
Key Performance Measures
• Adherence to agreed TAT on all personal credits processed.
• Quality of credit risk evaluation as reflected in zero overrides of recommendations, performance of personal risk asset portfolio (as measured by credit loss ratio, default rate, et al), etc.
• Quality of services rendered and effectiveness of support provided to business units as measured by portfolio growth, rework rate of < 10%, 90% TAT within SLA, low volume/infrequent service delivery complaints.
• Adherence to product parameters, credit policies and governance standards as reflected in satisfactory audit ratings, zero CBN & NDIC regulatory exception reports, etc.
• Portfolio growth as measured by meeting of business risk asset budget.
Key Dimensions of the Job
• Achievement of risk asset budget for the personal credit portfolio.
• Growth and maintenance of high quality risk asset portfolio for the Bank.
• Minimization of credit losses.
• Delegated Authority holder.
• Oversees timely and efficient databases support (resolution of problems/issues) database related issues.
• Oversees maintenance, monitoring and proper usage of all database applications and servers bank wide
• Interface effectively with all areas of IT systems and infrastructure teams, in order to provide appropriate support and maintenance for the database deployments.
• Required to work with teams of technicians in order to achieve a specific goal or goals which relate to service and project delivery.
• Ensure that business critical requirements are delivered for non-stop solution/service delivery
• Provide analysis, design (physical), guidance and assistance with configuration, testing, problem determination and documentation of the various database deployments within Stanbic IBTC
• Improve and optimise the level of system management delivered by pro-actively obtaining and sharing specialist technical and system knowledge with In-Country infrastructure staff, architects, designers, project developers and management in order to ensure the implementation and management of complete reliable system solutions. Understanding and implementation of schemas, and the ability to interpret and write complex SQL queries
• Integrate with relevant strategic vendors specific to the relevant deployments, IBM and Oracle
• Report any major fault or problem to Departmental Head. Any other duties as may be assigned by Departmental Head
Key performance measures
• Customer satisfaction levels
• Number of customer complaints
• Number of avoidable database downtime.
• Cycle time to process assigned helpdesk issues.
• Cycle time to resolve problems or issues
• Internal customer satisfaction level with IT support
• Other KPIs identified by the Group Head, Information Technology
• Availability of Stanbic IBTC database servers
Use links below to apply