If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to.
Weatherford is one of the largest diversified upstream oilfield service companies in the world. Our global network includes more than 67,000 people, 1000 service bases, 87 manufacturing facilities, and 16 technology and training centers in more than 100 countries.
Our products and services span the lifecycle of a well, including drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention. The Company’s range of production-enabling technologies include evaluation services, directional drilling services, controlled pressure drilling (CPD®) systems, cased hole completion systems, expandable technologies, intelligent completion technologies, production optimization systems and all major forms of artificial lift.
This position is responsible for the maintenance of general ledger. Accounts for assigned product lines. This position is accountable for the timely preparation of monthly journal entries and the reconciliation of the accounts and related schedules for assigned product lines.
- Maintain monthly general ledger, including accruals schedules for assigned product lines in line with GAAP to ensure smooth Month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing.
- Monthly analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts, reporting any variances, wrongly captured costs to the Finance Manager, Financial Controller and Product Line Managers.
- Prepare & input journal entries (monthly, adjusting, recurring)
- Prepare Quarterly balance sheet and P&L Fluctuation Analysis
- Prepare Monthly expense variance analysis reports for assigned product lines
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance with SOx and internal policies.
- Interfacing with Product Line Managers and explaining the product line P&L to them and answering their queries.
- Prepare audit working papers for assigned Product lines during external/internal audits
- Assist in special projects
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Finance Manager or the Finance Controller
- B.Sc Accounting
- Professional qualifications progression will be an added advantage
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS/COMPETENCE
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong technical accounting background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
- Strong understanding of the accounting cycle.
- Intermediate level of Excel and Word skills.
- Good computer knowledge and excel proficiency
- Head and heart focused on the job
go to method of application »
- The Holder is to ensure that all supplies are made in a compliant manner in accordance with the Federal Corrupt and Practices Act or FCPA. He will also play active part in the stores activities ensuring that material is managed in the most effective manner both in terms of cost and service level. To make sure Goods received are correct with the right paperwork.
- The Job holder is responsible for ensuring that all Weatherford requirements and procedures relating to health, safety, environment and quality of materials are rigorously adhered to, and to also ensure that all contractors comply with these policies and procedures.
- The principal responsibility of the Procurement/Store Officer is to support the activities that revolve around the purchase of materials for the base or offshore use. Also responsible for the general coordination of the store activities.
- Making sure that the goods supplied are of proper quality; MSDS data sheet cards issued in the case of lubricants being received, and certificate of conformity issued for slings.
KEY DUTIES &RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive all requisitions for Local Procurement as well as services
- Achieve and record cost savings
- Ensure that the items requested for are properly detailed in order to avoid receiving the wrong goods.
- Actively participate in the setting up of Frame Agreements when and where required..
- Collate market survey price
- Raise LPO’s to successful vendors, also monitor that the good are delivered within two days of the issuance of the Purchase Order.
- Liase with Vendors and End user to ensure that correct materials specification is provided.
- Generate Reports as required by the Supply Chain Manager .
- Maintain an updated LPO log which enables us track and monitor all LPO’s issued.
- Keep an updated record of LPO’s issued with all relevant documents in the event of an audit.
- Advise the Supply chain Manager on ways and means to reduce cost.
- Set up frame Agreement and coordinating activities with the supply base, when and where required.
- Ensure that the storekeeper keeps track of his min- max balance, which will enable him forecast ahead.
- Ensure that all store processes are adhered to and according to procedure.
- Play active part in physical inventory of store materials
- Actively participate in appraisal performance reviews of commodity buyers with supply chain management
- To assist other departments in meeting their goals and objectives as directed
- Provide Technical and commercial assistance to the end user
- To participate in and to meet the goals of all training allotted to you
- Any other duties that are deemed required by the Supply Chain Manager.
- B.Sc., Good computer skills, Knowledge of company policies and knowledge of endeca.
- Qualification covering competency objectives of Local Procurement Coordinator.
- Minimum of 2 year experience in Supply Chain Management.
- Being proactive
- The ability to communicate with peers and Managers.
- Good customer and employee interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skill, especially in English.
- Literate on computer software’s; Excel, word, Power point, Outlook
go to method of application »
- Responsible for planning and executing work relating to Sarbanes Oxley (Sox) compliance, Internal Audit and other reviews.
- Also responsible for process improvement and reengineering within the Finance Team.
- This position will have extensive interactions with other departments, including the Corporate Office, the Nigeria management team, and other WFT entities
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and maintain the WFT Corporate SOx compliance processes in the Country.
- Plan and execute the performance of work relating to compliance reviews.
- Provide guidance to process owners in executing controls identified in business processes.
- Ensure all business functions understand and comply with business policies, procedures and controls.
- Develop and maintain internal control policies and procedures.
- Distribute SOX flowcharts and communicate any updates made to the flowcharts to the relevant key control owners.
- Request evidence of the control execution within a timely manner from the key control owners.
- Review all key control evidence collected to ensure proper execution and documentation
- Maintain files with key control execution evidence.
- Design and prepare materials focusing on key business risks and emerging risks for the Controller.
- Coordinate and assume accountability for specific segments of audits/projects
- Prepare and submit reports on the results of audits; recommend improvements in policies and procedures where applicable. Identify processes that require improvement or reengineering.
- Maintain regular communication with Internal Audit and Corporate Compliance related to SOx control execution status and other reviews.
- Submit key control execution evidence to Internal Audit on a regular basis.
- Prepare timely responses to Internal Audit inquires.
- Coordinate Internal and External Audit work and requests relating to reviews and testing of processes.
- Act as a liaison between Internal Audit and the Business Unit.
- Carry out any other duties that may be required from time to time, at the direction of the Controller.
- Minimum 5 years industry experience in similar environment.
- Knowledge/experience of Sarbanes Oxley and other SEC requirements.
- Big 4 experience
- Experienced in US GAAP and IFRS accounting.
- Ability to handle large volumes of information and reports.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to fast-moving changes.
- Ability to use initiative, judgment and work with minimum supervision.
- Must be proactive, and continually looking for improvements and efficiencies in the business and within the F&A function.
- Strong knowledge and experience in accounting practice and theory
go to method of application »
- Will assist the Logistics Controller in the handling of the daily logistics for Nigeria re import and export consignments
- Focus will be on the successful handling of the importation of inbound Weatherford materials and spares for ongoing projects ensuring that imports are processed by the appointed inport agent in compliance with company international code of conduct as well as local/international anti-corruption laws
- Following instructions of the Logistics Controller process as part of the import procedure manage Form M import notifications and expedite RAR’s from Pre Inspection/Trade Assurance agencies based in Nigeria.
- Monitor duty payments to Nigerian customs via the banking system expediting duty payments on DDP consignments with weekly reporting to the Logistics Controller.
- As directed by the Logistics Controller implement cost saving measures to reduce shipment cost
- Assist the Logistics Controller in the coordination of import and export consignments, focusing on imports improving lead times in a compliant manner
- Assist as directed in the generation and capture of revenue by cost control within area of responsibility and ensuring that invoices are processed speedily
- Maintain customs documentation re import and export records, and will be expected to contribute to the successful passing of internal and external audits
- Assist in the daily liaison between Weatherford and its appointed import agent in Nigeria, as directed by the Logistics Coordinator.
- Participate in stock checks and other Asset Control measures as directed by the Logistics Coordinator.
- Ensure that custom broker invoices are thoroughly checked against rates structure and TLA’s that are in place make sure
- Prepare freight vendor performance reporting, as well as reporting to Logistics Controller all non-conformance issues on a monthly basis.
- Track all Weatherford shipments and provision of update on a weekly basis. Actively participate in all QHSE activities and promote good housekeeping
- •Good university degree
- •Good computer skills
- Minimum of 1year experience within the oil and gas, with logistics experience or training, gained from working in customs clearing and freight forwarding environment.
- Educated to good university level standard
- Should have logistics and custom based knowledge
- Experience of Microsoft Software, i.e. Word, Excel.
- Must have good numeric and literacy skills.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to maintain records and log events efficiently.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Supervisory / Leadership skills.
- Knowledge of logistics and supply chain management
- Good knowledge of company policies
- only national from this location will be considered
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job title to apply online.