Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Representing upstream in exploration, offshore and onshore production, as well as downstream in refining and petrochemicals, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is dedicated to addressing the emerging human, technological and environmental challenges involved in maintaining and operating new oil and gas fields.
Our success is built on over 40 years of rich histor...
SPIE Services Nigeria Limited is currently looking for a PLC Specialist (Triconex) to join its work force in Nigeria.
- Direct responsibility for the maintenance, operation and configuration of the hardware and software of the Akpo Safety Instrumented System (Schneider Electric Triconex System) subsystem of the Integrated Control and Safety System (ICSS).
- Partial responsibility for the Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and associated devices of all Packages within the AKPO Industrial Information System (SII).
- Maintain, operate and perform routine tasks on the Process Safety System (PSS), Fire and Gas System (FGS) and Emergency Shutdown System (ESD) of the Triconex Safety Instrumented System.
- Apply and manage maintenance inhibitions in the systems as requested, directed and controlled by COMPANY rules and procedures. Register and maintain all such inhibitions on the AKPO Inhibition Tool database as par COMPANY rules.
- Prepare with the ICSS Administrator preventive and corrective actions and modifications of the Control Systems under his responsibility.
- Manage and document in technical reports, interventions using the CMIMS and work packs provided by the planning team.
- Follow up the parameter values and alarms in the concerned systems under his responsibility and perform trouble shooting if required.
- Maintain an accurate and auditable log of all system faults and inhibits (Short term and long term).
- Identify, in the preparatory stage of maintenance works, any sensitive operation and ensure that a proper assessment of the risks involved is carried out beforehand.
- Review and assure that all Software Modifications and corrective actions are validated by COMPANY and all impacted documentations are updated after implementation.
- Knowledge of the oil and gas treatment process, installations and equipment.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Schneider's Triconex Safety Instrumented Systems.
- Knowledge of general instrumentation concepts, field devices (sensors and final elements), instrument loops, etc.
- Awareness of Emerson's DeltaV Process Control System, Siemens' SIMATIC Industrial Automation Systems and Allen Bradley's ControlLogix System is an added advantage.
Minimum level of experience required
- 6 years’ experience in the field of Control and Safety Systems and a minimum of 3 years as a Specialist in Control and Safety systems in the Oil and Gas / Petrochemical industry.
- Awareness of SAP CMIMS or similar
- Awareness of Operator Training Simulators.
- Safety Instrumented Systems certificate
go to method of application »
SPIE Nigeria Services is looking for a Shutdown Civil / Structural Coordinator to join our Shutdown Planning and execution Team for the upcoming 2024 & 2025 Major FPSO Shutdowns. You should be capable of supporting us with the management and control of all maintenance, operations and construction-related activities in line with industry best practices and will be instrumental in the optimization, planning and safe and timely delivery of the shutdown.
This role will report to the Shutdown Superintendent and include numerous interfacing and liaisons with the COMPANY’s Department Leads, Contractors, Suppliers and Vendors.
Shutdown Management Plans, Project Execution Plans, Work Package Development.
Ability to manage client relationships and lead teams in complex situations.
Safety, Quality, Shutdown Coordination, Projects Coordination, Small Capital Projects.
- Accountable for the safe and successful execution of all planned Shutdowns within their remit in line with the Shutdown Management processes, procedures, and SDMS.
- Work with the Shutdown, Maintenance, and Production Superintendent to define and plan the scope.
- Conduct Site visits, RAs and walk-downs, and estimate and prepare Projects Execution Plans.
- Convert worklist into properly defined Job Scopes, and lead in preparing and developing Work Packages.
- Proactive with a “can do” attitude and an ability to find solutions within a fast-paced environment.
- Facilitate Shutdown meetings to report progress, communicate risks, address support requests, and make key decisions.
- Develop Shutdown strategy documents to capture all business objectives and the methodology for successful delivery.
- Ensure that all lessons learned from previous outages are acted on and new lessons learned are captured rigorously and reviewed post Shutdown.
- Coordinate with the overall TAR team and all stakeholders to ensure clarity on objectives and that all are clear on the process and goal.
- Help to facilitate an open and honest “one team approach” to TAR planning and execution with involvement and commitment from the onshore and offshore teams.
- Participate in internal peer reviews to identify opportunities and threats.
- Ensure a dynamic risk management process is followed, including risk ranking of all work scopes, identification of HSE risks during execution activities, and implementing appropriate mitigation.
- Manage and resolve any issues with work scope sponsors, offshore team, or steering committee.
- Work with the Shutdown Planner to develop an integrated P6 plan, a strategy for growth management, status reports, KPI metrics and appropriate progress reporting tools.
- A background in Project, Maintenance or Operational engineering either onshore or offshore.
- Experience of delivering Shutdown’s or projects within an offshore oil and gas environment (FPSO experience highly beneficial).
- Understanding of oil and gas engineering processes. Applied knowledge of shutdown, project and maintenance planning processes.
- Good knowledge of offshore construction activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Management, Operations, Maintenance, Construction and Vendor teams.
- Willingness to travel offshore as required (BOSIET & offshore survival).
- Willingness to take on a role that will be both challenging and demanding at times requiring full commitment and focus.
- Flexibility required during shutdown period. Pro-active with a “can do” attitude and an ability to find solutions within a fast-paced environment.