Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Type: National Contract
- Overall purpose of the role: Responsible for the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of all IT technologies with focus on efficient setup, maintenance and administration of all DRC hardware, software and local networks.
- Ensure accessible and high-quality IT support and training to users, while continually assessing and identifying the most appropriate IT solutions to meet the country mission changing needs.
- Develop and implement a clear standard operating procedure for the delivery of IT support services
- Act as the primary focal point for troubleshooting IT-related issues faced staff, including provision of both remote and on-site support.
- Assess all existing hardware, software and local networks to ensure appropriateness, standardization and fitness for purpose. This entails monitoring support trends, proactive identification of solutions and development of relevant trainings to ensure all staff make best use of available IT technologies in line with the organization’s IT policies.
- Manage IT service outages by ensuring timely notification and instructions to affected staff.
- Oversee day-to-day technical relationships with internet services providers and any other technology providers.
Networking / Internet Support:
- Standardize and optimize local networks across offices, including the installation and management of hardware and software.
- Management of the networks system performance monitoring and tuning, as well as setting up and monitoring the restriction of nonbusiness sites during work hours.
- Oversee and monitoring software and network security, bandwidth (in accordance with the internet service provider’s contracted service), and bandwidth utilization.
- Provide troubleshooting for connectivity or performance issues.
- Manage Ensure regular, centralized backups of user data.
- Ensure antivirus software is installed and up-to-date on all relevant IT devices.
- User accounts and permissions in accordance with DRC’s IT policies.
Server Operations and Administration:
- Manage and monitor all aspects of the design, installation, implementation, and monitoring of the Enterprise Directory Services (Active Directory) as well as firewalls, Domain Name Servers (DNS), DHCPs, and Mail relays.
- Provide full range of technical assistance in the area of server operations, management, and administration, including the installation, configuration, testing and deployment of server hardware and software. This includes monitoring statistics on performance and reliability of server systems.
- Operate all roles involved in the provisioning and de-provisioning of user accounts.
As Specialist the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Responsible for providing specialized knowledge and operational know-how within a specific discipline
- May also have technical line responsibilities, but generally on technical or operational matters
Experience and Technical Competencies
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience):
- At least 3-5 years' experience in relevant field
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft products (such as O365, Microsoft Dynamics)
- Knowledge of network configuration including but not limited to firewalls, NAT and routers.
- Knowledge of the IP protocol and its concepts.
- Ability to do basic hardware maintenance - like changing internal power supply, intranet/ internet connectivity error fixing etc.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- National Degree or equivalent in relevant field of IT (Computer Science, Computer engineering, Information Systems.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in relevant field of IT.
- Networking Certification is desirable
- All staff
- Human Resources
- Procurement & logistics
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment; The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.