Qualification Required: Minimum of BSc/BA/HND in relevant disciplines Experience Required: Minimum of 5 years working experience in an NGO that works on women issues; gender & reproductive health
21 April, 2015
About Women Arise for Change Initiative
Women Arise was established in 2003.The purpose of WA is to work for the women folk breaking the culture of silence and finding expressions for themselves in the social political and economic relations in nigeria and encouraging them to come together to stand up against misuse and abuse by a male dominated society
The programme team is made up of women and men committed to women empowerment under the general supervision of the executive president, a PH.D, who in the last 18years has worked on women,human rights and democratic issues in Nigeria as women in Nigeria (WIN) Coordinator, Chairperson of committee of Defence of Human Rights (CHDR) Kwara state,General Secretary,Campaign for Democracy(CD),president,Campaign for democracy ,Executive Director,Institute for Human Rights and Democratic Studies and Director,Centre for participatory Democracy(CPD).
The purpose of Women Arise is to work for the women folk breaking the culture of silence and finding expression for themselves in the social political and economic relations in Nigeria and encouraging them to come together to stand up against misuse and abuse by male dominated society.It requires:
* Freedom from oppressive interference or discrination by the state,government or society's institutions on the grounds of sex
* Advocating Legal reforms to abrogate obnoxious and harmful practices targeted against women by religion,traditions and male prejudices.
* Organizing women to assert their rights and taking their destiny in their hands rather than being apologetic.
* Women Groups from different strata of society according to their areas of need.
* Individual women who are victims of discrimination and oppression.
AddressAddress 1: A\23B,Sylvia Crescent, Anthony Village, Lagos-Nigeria
Women Arise for Change Initiative Reviews
No review available Do you currently work in this company or maybe have worked there before? Drop a review
Women Arise for Change Initiative Salaries
Anonymously drop your salary if you are working with this company or maybe have worked with them in the past.Drop your salary
Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers